Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
Just get an R4 and be done with it.
lol R4 is overrated mate.

on topic: the reason why the cyclo is a great card is that you pay the extra for compatibility and the support staff is awesome. i thought about getting the SC a while ago and passed on it because their support and compatibility weren't up to cyclo standards. but the sc is the next best card you can buy if youre on a tight budget tho so good job on your part

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have soooo many problems with this thread I am almost incoherent.

The guy is on the one hand in dire need of a flashcart, and apparently can't think of a means to earn a lousy few bonus one shot bucks.

And then mentions how they are having trouble buying food.

Clearly he's never thought of cleaning out garages for a few bucks, washing cars for a few bucks, cutting grass for a few bucks or in general, you know, earning a few bucks.

Don't know what you do for work, and it's not relevant. If you work at nearly any form of job, why does that prevent you from investing a weekend for some easy cash and a lot of sweat to make it possible to by the right product?

Where do you live? a place where no one ever has any manner of manual labour they'd gladly give an energetic teen a few bucks so they could avoid doing it themselves. Are there no cars where you live? No grass to cut?

This entire thread literally stinks of a teen that just can't think usefully.

It doesn't help that it's basically so a teen can get a flashcart so that same teen can play stolen downloaded games on a DS.
That screams spoiled by technology.
Hell in my youth I had a need for spare cash just as much. Walked miles along the road side scrounging up discarded pop bottles for a few lousy bucks. Hardly what I would call fun, but I liked the spare cash.

It seems like he has internet access. Is this coming from your home? There is always some fat that can be trimmed from family expenses, it always comes down to how much is it worth to you. I neither smoke, nor drink, nor own a car. No lottery tickets, no drugs. End result, my funds last longer. If I needed more cash still, I guess I'd have to get more clever, or go without more things eh.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Panzer Tacticer said:

The guy is on the one hand in dire need of a flashcart, and apparently can't think of a means to earn a lousy few bonus one shot bucks.

Clearly he's never thought of cleaning out garages for a few bucks, washing cars for a few bucks, cutting grass for a few bucks or in general, you know, earning a few bucks.

Don't know what you do for work, and it's not relevant. If you work at nearly any form of job, why does that prevent you from investing a weekend for some easy cash and a lot of sweat to make it possible to by the right product?

Where do you live? a place where no one ever has any manner of manual labour they'd gladly give an energetic teen a few bucks so they could avoid doing it themselves. Are there no cars where you live? No grass to cut?

It doesn't help that it's basically so a teen can get a flashcart so that same teen can play stolen downloaded games on a DS.
Hell in my youth I had a need for spare cash just as much. Walked miles along the road side scrounging up discarded pop bottles for a few lousy bucks. Hardly what I would call fun, but I liked the spare cash.

It seems like he has internet access. Is this coming from your home? There is always some fat that can be trimmed from family expenses, it always comes down to how much is it worth to you. I neither smoke, nor drink, nor own a car. No lottery tickets, no drugs. End result, my funds last longer. If I needed more cash still, I guess I'd have to get more clever, or go without more things eh.

The person could be disabled or anything, and why the hell does it bother you in any way at all how much he wants to spend? mind your own business. Though your attitude is hardly new, it went under the name 'Nazi' a while back.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:

not everyone is well off as you or i panzer. he came explaining his situation and asked for ideas. its not our place to judge him

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

You chose to post in this thread. I didn't waste your time. You did. If you think I'm spoiled with technology, you need to just calm down. So far the only people who have shown disrespect in this thread are you people who complain about me. Did you think I wasn't already using EVERY asset in my possession to survive? Many of the rooms in the house have no furniture. I have no garage. All my stuff is ALREADY sold on EBAY. I pawned every bit of wealth I could find. The only thing left is a computer from 2000 and my DS. I hate to be detailed about this, but you asked for it. Don't post in a thread you don't like or understand.

And I guess you didn't think to look. My work REQUIRES internet and PC. I never spend on frivolous things. No drugs, can't drive, have no car, never gambled in my life. I'm not some stupid teen who feels the need to do these things. The only thing I do in my spare time and money is use computer (which I already have for work) and play DS (my only luxury). What you post is simply unknown and you have no right to make assumptions and spread hatred about things you are uneducated on.

I asked the flashcard question here because all anyone ever says is "get a Cyclo". I can't afford it so I needed some more opinions. Next time it bothers you, don't post in the thread.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"The person could be disabled or anything, and why the hell does it bother you in any way at all how much he wants to spend? mind your own business. Though your attitude is hardly new, it went under the name 'Nazi' a while back."

Oh boohooo. The fact I AM disabled means that defense just failed.

And guess what, even disabled I can think of several ways to increase my income if I suddenly "just had to have some toy" and it was outside my normal financial means.

Why does it bother me? Doesn't really, beyond the fact whining never seems like a good use of forum space.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
"The person could be disabled or anything, and why the hell does it bother you in any way at all how much he wants to spend? mind your own business. Though your attitude is hardly new, it went under the name 'Nazi' a while back."

Oh boohooo. The fact I AM disabled means that defense just failed.

And guess what, even disabled I can think of several ways to increase my income if I suddenly "just had to have some toy" and it was outside my normal financial means.

Why does it bother me? Doesn't really, beyond the fact whining never seems like a good use of forum space.
were not saying that if hes disabled he should be entitled but you know if you're a bit strapped for cash and don't really have the resources........does that mean that he shouldn't have some source of joy in his life? if he saved up enough for a budget card then let him be. we're not all on here to criticize others based on their situations in life

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
If anyone deserves to pirate games, its this kid
Eh? Being poor is no excuse to break the law. At least it won't give you any leverage in court.

No one deserves to pirate games, mkay?

Dont be so literal
tongue.gif
All I meant was, of all the people who do it, I can appreciate his case above most others
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said pirating was right. I just do it. I do have to say though. All you people on here condemning me aren't in much of a position to argue against piracy. You're on a site that supports and condones piracy.

I got a Supercard. I'm trying to work harder and harder to help my mom out with the bills and food. It's getting slightly better. We need a new roof. I don't have a good excuse for piracy. I just do it. You can hate me all you want in your own world, but I suggest you ignore me if I'm not bothering you.

And if it bothers anyone not knowing, I'm not disabled in any way (least not that I know). I have a good job. I do it instead of mowing lawns.

omgroffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikuchiyo said:
furniture, food > flash cart.
You should get your priorities straight.

Though generally I would I agree with this statement (there's no arguing it's true), let's try a different perspective with a little context.
The OP is obviously stressed like crazy just trying to get by. The $20 one time cost is going towards his personal relief and recreation. He definitely could spend that $20 on food, but in less than a week he'll have neither $20 nor that food.

But if he tightens up a little bit, he can make an investment for his sanity which I'm assuming will make him generally a happier person, thereby relieving him everyday just enough to continue working and earning the money him and his mother desperately need.

The flashcart will be his personal tool to help him keep putting food on the table.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgroffles said:
granville said:
Link5084 said:
Just so you know, DX now has the DSTT for only $12.50.
I already ordered my Supercard, but thanks! I am sticking with it. I didn't see that yesterday. Is the price new?

Congratulations, I sincerely hope you enjoy it
yaynds.gif
Thanks! I think I made a good choice!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)