Hacking Hyrule Warriors requires an update?

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii U and bought Hyrule Warriors. My firmware is currently on 5.3.0-U, and I believe Hyrule Warriors has firmware 4.1.0 on the disc. However, the Wii U is asking me to update the system before I can update the software to play the game. Will updating this way to play the game keep my firmware at 5.3.0, or will it update to the latest firmware? I'm trying to keep my firmware under 5.3.2 so I can mod my vWii later. Thanks in advance.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just a game update, dont install it. first block via opendns or router blacklist to be sure ur wiiu dont update bro
then u can play it without problem it will ask u to update then it fails

OpenDNS should probably be only recommended for people with static ip addresses.
If you are on a dynamic ip which is prone to change, other more reliable options are recommended.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just a game update, dont install it. first block via opendns or router blacklist to be sure ur wiiu dont update bro
then u can play it without problem it will ask u to update then it fails
Thanks a lot! That did the trick.

OpenDNS should probably be only recommended for people with static ip addresses.
If you are on a dynamic ip which is prone to change, other more reliable options are recommended.
Well, I guess I should've checked to see if my IP was dynamic or static first. OpenDNS worked for now, but do you have any other recommendations?

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

I have been using openDNS for weeks, and even when my IP is dynamic AND MY IPS IS SO SHIT I CYCLE LIKE THROUGH 10 IPS PER DAY, and I haven't had a problem using the openDNS updater program.

now it seems the dream comes to an end, as nintendo is asking me to update before I can access online services. I guess the threads about this will start appearing soon, as I'm in 5.4, there aren't any updates for splatoon and I have openDNS set up correctly.

ripperoni.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4