Hyrule Warriors requires an update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ten Pound Cow, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Ten Pound Cow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    I just got a Wii U and bought Hyrule Warriors. My firmware is currently on 5.3.0-U, and I believe Hyrule Warriors has firmware 4.1.0 on the disc. However, the Wii U is asking me to update the system before I can update the software to play the game. Will updating this way to play the game keep my firmware at 5.3.0, or will it update to the latest firmware? I'm trying to keep my firmware under 5.3.2 so I can mod my vWii later. Thanks in advance.

2. moops44

moops44 Prince of Darkness

May 15, 2014
    Germany
    Moon
    Ten Pound Cow likes this.
  3. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    OpenDNS should probably be only recommended for people with static ip addresses.
    If you are on a dynamic ip which is prone to change, other more reliable options are recommended.

4. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Ten Pound Cow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot! That did the trick.

Well, I guess I should've checked to see if my IP was dynamic or static first. OpenDNS worked for now, but do you have any other recommendations?

5. ServbotMan

ServbotMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I have been using openDNS for weeks, and even when my IP is dynamic AND MY IPS IS SO SHIT I CYCLE LIKE THROUGH 10 IPS PER DAY, and I haven't had a problem using the openDNS updater program.

now it seems the dream comes to an end, as nintendo is asking me to update before I can access online services. I guess the threads about this will start appearing soon, as I'm in 5.4, there aren't any updates for splatoon and I have openDNS set up correctly.

ripperoni.