ArceusMI

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arceusmi.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I really think that accounts with under 100 posts shouldnt be allowed into this thread. :ph34r:
Hey Zander, I dont know what the hell you are on about but yes sure. Ill take what you are having.

Sorry for late post on this one, but if you look earlier into the thread there was actually some meaningful conversation here, especially from me, a new user here. I just recently decided to make an account, and I'm not of the idiotic mindset of the majority of new users here are. There are actually quite a few people like me, in that we can actually be intelligent.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for late post on this one, but if you look earlier into the thread there was actually some meaningful conversation here, especially from me, a new user here. I just recently decided to make an account, and I'm not of the idiotic mindset of the majority of new users here are. There are actually quite a few people like me, in that we can actually be intelligent.
Humble much?

Reactions: endoverend

Race

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Krak-ON Thanx, I was looking for something like this (wrong places)

Was just curious.
I keep all my games in the cases nice and pristine - kinda pain in the butt having to swap disks and putting everything back nice and neat so they don't get any scratches.

Reactions: Krak-ON

Krak-ON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long do SSDs last, i'm not sure if I should buy one

It really depends on the SDD you buy, but I know the newer ones using 3D NAND are supposed to last a lot longer.
Also if its only being used for a Wii U, you're really only going to be reading from it most of the time. Writing is what really hurts an SSD's life.

EDIT:

Heres a link to the life expectancy of Samsung EVO 850 SSD's
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8747/samsung-ssd-850-evo-review/4

So a 120GB variant would last 23 years, if you consistently wrote 20GB a day.

Last edited by Krak-ON,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Its unlikely you will have issues with an SSD in a PC over its ~3 year lifespan. Its been several years since write limits on SSDs were a practical concern for most users.

For something like ISO loading you basically shouldn't have issues at all. SSDs are primarily write limited not read, so unless you're continuously writing files to it, it should last ages.

That of course assumes the system you're using has proper support for SSDs (trim etc) though.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I gather Wii U games(dumped)as wud files? Or is there another format I'm unaware of? I'm terribly new to the Wii U USB loading scene, but I'm very well versed with the wii's USB loaders if that helps any. Those .wud files are terribly large-and get this-they're all the exact same size(23.3 GB)! Something's fishy...
Anyway, what format to dump 'em in?

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Remember that trim for ssd are very important, no matter what, also the spawn for the data. SAMSUNG EVO are far the best SDD on market.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Its unlikely you will have issues with an SSD in a PC over its ~3 year lifespan. Its been several years since write limits on SSDs were a practical concern for most users.

For something like ISO loading you basically shouldn't have issues at all. SSDs are primarily write limited not read, so unless you're continuously writing files to it, it should last ages.

That of course assumes the system you're using has proper support for SSDs (trim etc) though.

3 year lifespan? thats short, so SSDs still dont last as long as HDDs?

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by avinashlego,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Should I gather Wii U games(dumped)as wud files? Or is there another format I'm unaware of? I'm terribly new to the Wii U USB loading scene, but I'm very well versed with the wii's USB loaders if that helps any. Those .wud files are terribly large-and get this-they're all the exact same size(23.3 GB)! Something's fishy...
Anyway, what format to dump 'em in?
WUD is the format for scene releases.

3 year lifespan? thats short, so SSDs still dont last as long as HDDs?
SSDs are pretty good nowadays but they're still expensive and don't come in big capacities like regular HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 4k portrait mode?