Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

superjobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The one that works on 5.5.1 also works on 5.5. The other ones are nowhere near as stable, so you would be using the 5.5.1 exploit anyway (most likely).

So this time staying on lower firmware isn't the right thing to do and everyone on 4.xx and above should update.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im on 5.5.0 and havent been paying attention to this thread once it got filled with complaints for hykem to release the update

Why should I update to 5.5.1, aren't I fine on 5.5.0?

You are fine. Do NOT update. Never.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
phew luckily i am reading alot of 'updating to 5.5.1' is safe , and that the exploit will work on it as well.
i might be forced to update 'cause of SSB (The reason i have bought a WiiU for) , it is february BUT let the good guy take his time for dat exploit ,might turn better if we wait longer i believe 0w0 ..

isamudyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I woke up this morning and found nothing.
My kids yelled at me, crying out, their eyes full of rage and despair.
No firemorks, no nacked women, no smile...just sorrows denying any hope !!!!!

Reactions: n00b2015

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I woke up this morning and found nothing.
My kids yelled at me, crying out, their eyes full of rage and despair.
No firemorks, no nacked women, no smile...just sorrows denying any hope !!!!!

You can put a nude model on Bayonetta and Lucas soon if you want nacked women and crying children.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only reason I considered updating to 5.5.1 was to grab the latest Mario Maker update.

I think I'm going to be extra cautious and stay on 5.5.0 just in case, however. I always regretted upgrading from 5.3.2 for Mario Maker.

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
i was pleased with myself when i installed Cobra ODE to my super slim and all that crap dealing with games for SWAP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only reason I considered updating to 5.5.1 was to grab the latest Mario Maker update.

I think I'm going to be extra cautious and stay on 5.5.0 just in case, however. I always regretted upgrading from 5.3.2 for Mario Maker.
Does playing online SMM update your console even if you have Tubehax?

Reactions: hashcheck1

chrisf4lc0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would be much more after some XBMC, on top of that Moonlight Streamer and MPD
Xbox and 360 homebrew days were so much better! new stuff re bios, emu etc came out daily and there was even technical threads and console hardware modding. was so fun! consoles now days are getting boring. i personally love the hacking homebrew side more then actually playing games.
I completely agree, still have my Reset Glitch Hacked X360. It was even better with the original Xbox, where you could install the variation of Gentoo...
People these days only wait for the exploits, so they could play pirated games. I have to admit, that this comes as a bonus, but having such powerful current generation consoles I would love to see them being used for so much more than gaming:
XBMC
MPD
Moonlight Streamer
These three just came off top of my head!

Reactions: hashcheck1

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
Release "Dates" Hykem has missed:

- Christmas Day. (unrealistic.)
- Early January. (Delayed, but stated the exploit was finished by stating he would research into a boot time exploit and if that turned out to be nothing he would "release the exploit right away".)
- Before February. (With him being "sure of that" and then claiming he "never gave specific release dates", which I called out as BS.)

So now the release is March. Time to see if this exploit is real or fake. (These delays scream of a kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar then blaming his friend across the room.)

You're joking, right? Even after I pissed all the other devs off by releasing the keys, you still think the exploit is fake?
Good thing I don't really give a shit about all the bickering anymore, or else I would have already cancelled this like people have done in the past.

I also found quite amuzing the posts talking about how I "owe the community". The only time I asked for donations I had to refund the two donors minutes after, exactly for the same reason that's plastered all over this thread. The SINGLE person that ended up buying me the Wii U is constantly updated with progress and is perfectly fine with my decisions.

And that's it, I'm done justifying myself. Until everything is done and ready to be released I won't be logging in here anymore.

chrisf4lc0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was on irc in the days of free60 wired a infectus chip 32+ small wires to nand to do the very first jtag that came out, one of the devs even sshd my server to setup the build environment on my server
View attachment 37332
I killed one mobo trying to Reset Glitch Hack, bought another one on eBay for 30 quid and managed to get everything soldered then water cooled the beast in Lian Li XB-01... Good old days!

Reactions: Deleted User

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Xbmc is a must but they don't make a ppc version so port would be needed. I turned one of my old xbox original into a NAS running Linux and two HDDS one in place of dvd drive. Even ran a small webserver on it to monitor my main server lol
Would love some of this stuff on xboxone or wiiu. Xboxone won't be as exciting as running striped version in vms of windows 10

Reactions: chrisf4lc0n

chrisf4lc0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xbmc is a must but they don't make a ppc version so port would be needed. I turned one of my old xbox original into a NAS running Linux and two HDDS one in place of dvd drive. Even ran a small webserver on it to monitor my main server lol
Would love some of this stuff on xboxone or wiiu. Xboxone won't be as exciting as running striped version in vms of windows 10
I thought that Kodi as you call it now from version 9.04 supported PPC, unless something changed later after that. I still remember running it on my old iMac :D

Last edited by chrisf4lc0n,

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
All those drama queens here are just unappreciative... They should be thankful for Hykem spending so much afford and time in the exploit. They should also be thankful that Smea is developing and stockpiling another exploit. If you feel teased by what he is demonstrating... well, it's your own bad luck.
Even if the exploit would be out today you couldn't do anything with it unless some applications/homebrews or whatever that requires IOSU is published.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're joking, right? Even after I pissed all the other devs off by releasing the keys, you still think the exploit is fake?
Good thing I don't really give a shit about all the bickering anymore, or else I would have already cancelled this like people have done in the past.

I also found quite amuzing the posts talking about how I "owe the community". The only time I asked for donations I had to refund the two donors minutes after, exactly for the same reason that's plastered all over this thread. The SINGLE person that ended up buying me the Wii U is constantly updated with progress and is perfectly fine with my decisions.

And that's it, I'm done justifying myself. Until everything is done and ready to be released I won't be logging in here anymore.
You don't owe is anything man, just do your thing and don't listen to these idiots still saying it's fake.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hykem, why you answered this guy?Ignore him, you know there are many adolescents here.
Man, this forum is a shitstorm but there are people that want to help and create a community better than 3ds scene.
Now give up at the end will be very sad. I am following your HARD work on Wiiubrew, Yellows8 and others devs and hear this message from you it's like sticking a knife in the heart.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think