bbsan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for the sources of the payload that is available at hwflx-nx. Unfortunately on the github I can only find the binary payload within a header (here).

I'm looking for it because I want to change the default behavior for me, meaning:
UNLESS Vol+ and Vol- are pressed, the console should boot into OFW; if Vol+ and Vol- are pressed, it should boot into Hekate.

Any idea where to find the payload source?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for the sources of the payload that is available at hwflx-nx. Unfortunately on the github I can only find the binary payload within a header (here).

I'm looking for it because I want to change the default behavior for me, meaning:
UNLESS Vol+ and Vol- are pressed, the console should boot into OFW; if Vol+ and Vol- are pressed, it should boot into Hekate.

Any idea where to find the payload source?
Is that by any chance it? https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware/blob/master/firmware/src/payload.c

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, this unfortunately only is the unit that flashes the payload defined in payload.h - see here
Judging by the header file, "payload.h" is infact a binary array meaning that it could be re-converted back into a binary file.

bbsan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Judging by the header file, "payload.h" is infact a binary array meaning that it could be re-converted back into a binary file.
Yes, but even with a binary file it’s difficult to change the behavior. That’s why I was hoping for some source files to be available for the payload…

EDIT: Ah - just learned that the payload is the sdloader - and it seems it is not available from hwfly-nx.

Last edited by bbsan2k,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I also looked into the payload that first loads after the glitching process finishes (I want to change the logo, text font and whatnot), don't think they have source code for it. The payload is provided as a blob in the header file.
Btw, sdloader.enc is the exact same file defined in payload.h. Load it in a hex editor and you'll find out.
1669280722625.png

For your case though, you can just setup hekate to boot to ofw directly, or use another bootloader like argon-nx:
https://github.com/Storm21CH/ArgonNX-SE/releases
This build is most recent one and has oled support.

bbsan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I also looked into the payload that first loads after the glitching process finishes (I want to change the logo, text font and whatnot), don't think they have source code for it. The payload is provided as a blob in the header file.
Btw, sdloader.enc is the exact same file defined in payload.h. Load it in a hex editor and you'll find out.
View attachment 339689
For your case though, you can just setup hekate to boot to ofw directly, or use another bootloader like argon-nx:
Yeah I know. The problem with hekate is, that if I update OFW and hekate is not yet compatible, it simply won't boot.
That's why I wanted to boot into OFW as early in the chain as possible.
Previous versions of sdloader are actually available as source code on the spacecraft-nx github, but the updated ones from hwfly seem to either be private or simply not available.
You can even go as far as updating sdloader only with the hwfly toolbox.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with hekate is, that if I update OFW and hekate is not yet compatible, it simply won't boot.
You can use the reboot to ofw function from reboot menu in hekate while waiting for new atmosphere releases. Works for me every time.

Or if you are really determined to use vol+/- buttons to bypass the glitching process, I think you can find 2 unused gpio pins on gd32 mcu, connect vol+/- pins to them and if these buttons are not pressed, put the chip to sleep mode directly and bypass the glitching process.

Reactions: bbsan2k

mlucianoeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
View attachment 339689
By any chance, did you manage to change the logo? It'd be a fun experiment, I'm looking for image file signatures like BMF or GIF but I didn't find anything yet.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance, did you manage to change the logo? It'd be a fun experiment, I'm looking for image file signatures like BMF or GIF but I didn't find anything yet.
Nope, lost interest in it. Also you won't see the hwfly logo/text unless something's wrong, so not very useful modding it to begin with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch