OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

It looks like the Humble Bundle crew is branching out to other art forms, as they've introduced an eBook bundle. This seems to follow the same formula as their previous game bundles, there's a base collection and you can get more by paying extra.

Pay what you want for Pirate Cinema, Pump Six and Other Stories, Zoo City, Invasion: The Secret World Chronicle (with extras!), Stranger Things Happen, and Magic for Beginners. If you choose to pay more than the average, you will also receive Old Man's War and graphic novel Signal to Noise!
icon11.gif
Source

Eh, not getting this myself.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was a chepo, and bought it for $1. I did want the Neil Gaiman graphic novel though, but beating the average (of $10) nooooo thank you.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to see they took a page from gaming. I can't say that I've heard of these books before, but I might just jump on board anyway. "Set your own price" is pretty tough to beat.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

This is pretty nice but I don't own an e-reader and would rather not have to be tied to the computer desk to read.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap. For once I didn't have to make a Humble Bundle thread.
Also, I'll probably pick up this bundle for Invasion and Pirate Cinema. Maybe Old Man's War, but I doubt it since the average is only increasing. I guess people are willing to pay more for books than games.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like physical books because of the smell.
lol, this is the best reason I've ever heard for reading a physical book as opposed to an e-reader.

Frivolous uses of science seem to fund good science so I can approve of such things, to that end- http://steidlville.com/books/1312-Paper-Passion.html

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nice collection of stuff, maybe this will lead to more book collections. I'm thinking of buying this, but unfortunately I'm still missing a proper eReader. Laptops don't count in my books!

EDIT:
Also just looked at the top contributors in terms of raising the average. I'll borrow the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper: "WIL WHEATOONN!!!"

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty nice but I don't own an e-reader and would rather not have to be tied to the computer desk to read.
So you don't have a smartphone? I do all my reading on mine.

I think I'd hate reading on a smartphone more than a computer.

And I'm not much of a reader. I prefer television and movies. They're like books but they read themselves and have a lot of pictures.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I'd hate reading on a smartphone more than a computer.
And I'm not much of a reader. I prefer television and movies. They're like books but they read themselves and have a lot of pictures.
spoken like a true american :)

but the bundle is really great, bought it too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill