OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I have an R4 and the one thing I want the R4 to have in the next update is Real-Time Saves. This is the only thing that makes me want to get a CyloDS Evo. So if the R4 team could do this, it could save me some money.

Is there anyone else who supports my suggestion? I would appreciate positive feedback.
biggrin.gif

Thanks

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
the only thing is, it's a "planned" feature of CyloDS Evo.

we don't know if it'll ever come out or if it's even plausible.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know...the R4 doesn't have any extra memory on the card, so I'm not sure it it would be possible. The Cyclo Ds Evo on the other hand DOES have some memory built-in to the card (like...2megs, if I'm not mistaken), so it's likely possible on that card.

But if it IS possible, that would be a good deal.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know...the R4 doesn't have any extra memory on the card, so I'm not sure it it would be possible. The Cyclo Ds Evo on the other hand DOES have some memory built-in to the card (like...2megs, if I'm not mistaken), so it's likely possible on that card.

I would assume that the save would be placed on the microSD cards...

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know...the R4 doesn't have any extra memory on the card, so I'm not sure it it would be possible. The Cyclo Ds Evo on the other hand DOES have some memory built-in to the card (like...2megs, if I'm not mistaken), so it's likely possible on that card.

I would assume that the save would be placed on the microSD cards...

Yeah but it would have to have some of the surrounding codes to know what the save was about....to know where to jump you back into the game form...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All memory on the GBA is mapped which makes it very easy to read off and store, the DS on the other hand has several "write only" registers and a few sections not mapped making it a bit harder to pull off easily (you would have to intercept and note the writes which is potentially damn near impossible: some stuff gets loaded "on boot" and resides for quite some time.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should be possible if they can turn on and off the cheats ingame as this system must be running in the background for this to take affect then they must be abile to creat a save state on the card though it will not have a menu but a button combination like L,R,Select,Left to save and L,R,Select,Right to load but this would mean you are limited to one save state at a time per game.

sooobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should be possible if they can turn on and off the cheats ingame as this system must be running in the background for this to take affect then they must be abile to creat a save state on the card though it will not have a menu but a button combination like L,R,Select,Left to save and L,R,Select,Right to load but this would mean you are limited to one save state at a time per game.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking because of the cheats.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
perhaps the new acecard can pull it off?

if i were to make any suggestions for 1.12 it would be this

1.wii connectivity
2.more refined cheat system(a la scds1)
3.the ability to have different views in the file viewer

the GUI was THE reason i passed up the R4 over my SCDS1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-