Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Ace_Axel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20150313_145119.jpg

OK! I finally got into the Launcher after playing "musical MicroSD cards" for a bit. Used the Duowan save file. Now my problem lies with booting into emunand. Formatted emunand and tried to boot gateway mode after letting it up date as well. It seems to boot into sysnand. wifi is off so that no updates install. Am I missing something? 8.1J n3DS

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Used the chinese save file.
The what?
Now my problem lies with booting into emunand. Formatted emunand and tried to boot gateway mode after letting it up date as well. It seems to boot into sysnand. wifi is off so that no updates install. Am I missing something? 8.1J n3DS
How would you know? Have you unlinked your NANDs?

EatsCookies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 16926

OK! I finally got into the Launcher after playing "musical MicroSD cards" for a bit. Used the chinese save file. Now my problem lies with booting into emunand. Formatted emunand and tried to boot gateway mode after letting it up date as well. It seems to boot into sysnand. wifi is off so that no updates install. Am I missing something? 8.1J n3DS

SKY 3ds? or retail?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic you done it again!
I dont have an EU console, but a US one.

But the work your doing is giving me confidence that if my cart doesn't work with any of the saves available already, you'll be able to fix it.
Thanks for all the time and work you been doing for everyone in the community.

Hope you'll be sticking around till monday-tuesday (estimated delivery for my cart).
If i have any issues ill dump the save with SDF and Pm you. (Hopefully that wont be necessary :) )

Reactions: sonic2756

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Kickass job man. I hope the JP GW version is done by the time I receive OOT. Else I'll upload my save, working or not!

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 16926

OK! I finally got into the Launcher after playing "musical MicroSD cards" for a bit. Used the chinese save file. Now my problem lies with booting into emunand. Formatted emunand and tried to boot gateway mode after letting it up date as well. It seems to boot into sysnand. wifi is off so that no updates install. Am I missing something? 8.1J n3DS

If you've formatted emunand, then it does boot you into emunand.
Seems like 8.1 has a bug that you can't open the rom-selection menu. Plus there's that no GW3D bug in emunand with memory cards over 4GB.

Try to rearrange your apps so that you can different between both nands and to make sure you are indeed in emunand.
Then update it to the latest version, and the rom-selction menu should work just fine.

Reactions: Ace_Axel

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see the EU save fixed.

Just wondering? What's the issue with the Gateway save then, that it needs fixing? Why does it work with some, but others need a fixed save?

kamehamehahawaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one that can't get it working? :sad:

I'm on EU, used both saves on 2 different microSD cards (both 4 GB), and the game freezes once I hit A. Any tips anyone could offer? Thanks.

kamehamehahawaii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New 3DS XL
That happened to me a couple of times I first tried it. Try to walk around with Link and then go back and press A.

I tried this, and it didn't work (I accidentally exited the hut once, and it froze when talking to Saria, crashing the game and forcing the N3DS to restart).

Ace_Axel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Escape, you are absolutely correct. I made differently labeled folders in both sysnand and emunand to confirm that emunand was installed. "S" folder shows up when I turn on my 3DS, and "E" folder shows up when booting to emunand. Gonna go unlink my nands and then update the emunand. Thank you. Funny thing is that I'm using the 4GB Toshiba mSD card that came with the n3DS, so shouldn't the "GW3D" be there next to the version number on the settings screen? Does this bug occur with cards over 4GB or cards 4GB AND over?

EatsCookies, I'm using a Blue button Sky3ds to answer your question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: