Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to thank Sonic again for all his efforts b/c without him, this isn't possible. Talk about saving the day. Thanks again sonic!

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I finally figured out how to restore the save to my Sky.

I'm not sure where I got it from, but I was using a version of diskwriter labeled as version 1.07. This version does not exist—the latest version that's on the Sky3DS website is version 1.06b.

I have no idea where I got 1.07 from (which squares me a little—it could have been a virus!), but it's perfectly able to write games and backup saves. However, it doesn't seem to be able to properly restore saves—trying to restore the gateway save always resulted in a "save data is corrupted" message, or a white screen.

I switch to version 1.06b from Sky's website, and what do you know, everything works perfectly the first time! I'm guessing most people won't run into this problem, but figured maybe it would help someone. It took me the better part of a day to figure this out.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn it, this console somehow updated to 9.5. I even had the parental PIN on, I dunno how it happened.
You would have had to have pressed "update"
Why would you even have WIFI turned on? You don't need wifi to do this exploit. :unsure:
I'm assuming game offsets and such changed in r01 so I don't think I can fix that myself, but I can give it a shot I suppose.
If you do this please feel free to let me know.
Is there even a rev01 in North America?
Does Canada have a different save offset? I would think the cart would be different since we have french here. I wonder if I need to buy a non-bilingual version.

XenoWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those with white screen crashes - the card you're using for SKY is now corrupt. You need a new card - what I did was swap the internal 3ds msd with the one I was using with sky. I used that MiniAide Fat32 formatting tool to delete and create partition FAT 32 for both. Not sure you need that program but worked for me. Then I did the steps outlined on the updated first page and it worked. 2nd slot as expected. Again - the solution is this ( AND i SUGGEST IT"S POSTED ON THE FRONT PAGE) - YOU NEED A NEW FRESH CARD IN SKY. swap the sky 3ds card that doesn't work with the 3ds internal. Use that program to delete and create new partitions on both, saving the files from your old 3ds card to your desktop so you can easily transfer them over and then do the steps outlined"

This part was poorly wrote. It made little sense to me, so here is what I did instead:

Okay, here goes, you can fix the "corrupt microSD card" easily with the SanDisk formatter tool.
  1. Download the SD Formatter tool from: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/index.html.
  2. Install and open the tool.
  3. Insert the "corrupt SD card".
  4. Make sure you select the SD card from the drop-down list.
  5. Click "Options" and ensure you select the FULL(Overwrite) Format option. Leave the size adjustment as it is, do not change.
  6. Check that it looks somewhat like this: http://projectge.com/misc/cpush/uploads/e1458a70012b346f1ee24576abde558f.PNG. Your size of card will vary from mine if you're not using a 32GB card.
  7. Then simply start it off by clicking FORMAT.
  8. You should now see this window popup: http://projectge.com/misc/cpush/uploads/d0b574627af7a9fc1259b2abbd892b73.PNG. DO NOT REMOVE THE SD DURING FORMAT!
  9. Let it run through then follow the steps on the first page.
  10. Once done, your card is no longer corrupt! http://projectge.com/misc/cpush/uploads/fcf4d6f2ab97349c8eba4472bb3490cd.PNG
Hope this helps some of you. Your cards are not corrupt!
Untested on non SanDisk brands.
sonic2756 you may want to include this instead of the method posted above.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys I got it working, but can anyone be so kind to pm how to update emunand? I want to download the devil survivor patch from the shop, and when I boot gateway mode and I check the settings I only see the regular firmware numbers not the gw3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys I got it working, but can anyone be so kind to pm how to update emunand? I want to download the devil survivor patch from the shop, and when I boot gateway mode and I check the settings I only see the regular firmware numbers not the gw3d

It's a bug. Whatever you do, format your emunand first, and if you want extra security, after you formant emunand, take out your internal sdcard and format sysnand to unlink them. Then boot back into gateway, make sure you're in gateway by making use of icon-arrangement/folders and go into settings, you'll be in emunand if you did everything correctly but the GW sign may or may not be there. Mine showed up after I did these steps. Such a lewd avi btw :lol:

Reactions: sparrowreal

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a bug. Whatever you do, format your emunand first, and if you want extra security, after you formant emunand, take out your internal sdcard and format sysnand to unlink them. Then boot back into gateway, make sure you're in gateway by making use of icon-arrangement/folders and go into settings, you'll be in emunand if you did everything correctly but the GW sign may or may not be there. Mine showed up after I did these steps.
Thanks bro, I was getting crazy, this is my first time using gw, and I wasn't sure that I was following the steps correctly.

Reactions: Online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The update actually made zoom better