Hacking [HOWTO] Play Rock Band Backups

Raditation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attention:

The 'soft-chip rock band launcher' channel does not work on GH smash hits. I get a blue screen with error 002.

I have 3.2u with hbc 1.0.3 with recently installed ios61.

The normal backup launcher does work. But the usb mic is NOT recognized.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raditation said:
Attention:

The 'soft-chip rock band launcher' channel does not work on GH smash hits. I get a blue screen with error 002.

I have 3.2u with hbc 1.0.3 with recently installed ios61.

The normal backup launcher does work. But the usb mic is NOT recognized.

The special Rock Band SoftChip version was never required. Just use the latest SoftChip, set it to the IOS where you installed the cIOS37, enable Fake IOS Version(and DON'T enable Remove 002).

schm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I installed everything as posted here and i get the error code -1017 when installing "IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232" or any other combination.
I have a 4.1 wii with HBC and everything works fine. i can play backups but the only problem remains that i cant play rock band 1+2 with guitars.

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.1U. When using MultiCios installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232. My network initializes and downloads 15 files, then reaches an error when installing them. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that this works with Karaoke Games (such as Disney Sing it and American Idol), but I was wondering if you could use it for a disc that isnt from your region, ie, I have a PAL Disney Sing it disc and a US wii, will it still boot?

pete3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of Oct 1. if you followed with the latest hbc install from Yafaze.com and the rockband channel errors out. maybe an update is in order to the original instructions. Thanks anyway!

PerfectLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mrkinator said:
I've seen way too many posts saying they don't know how to play Rock Band "Backups", So Here it is.

(Ripped straight from my RB customs guide, So if anything says customs, It'll work for backup too)​

Rock Band Soft-Chip

This part assumes you have The Homebrew Channel already! If you don’t know what or how to install Wii Homebrew, Google it.

NOTE: If you have a mod-chip, you probably don’t need to worry about this section, just boot the disc as you normally would. If it doesn’t work with your chip, try the steps.

Files Needed:
Soft-Chip (not needed if choosing channel version)
cIOS Installer

IOS37:
Files are in the cIOS Installer readme.

Optional Files (If Installing Channel Version):

WAD Manager
Soft-Chip Channel Version By Mrkinator

Steps:

1) Go to your SD Card (in “My Computer”).

2) On the root of your SD Card, create a folder called 00000001. Inside that, create a folder called 00000025. Inside that, create a folder called v2070. Inside that, put all 17 files of IOS37 in it.

This is the structure in the end (X:\ being your SD Card) X:00000010000025\v2070

3) Go back to the Root of your SD

4) Go to the apps folder (make one if you don’t already have). Make a “Soft-Chip cIOS Installer” (without quotes) folder inside the apps folder. Put the “cios_installer.dol” in that folder and rename it to “boot.dol” (without quotes)

Optional: If you want the channel version, skip steps 5 and 7. Go to step “Channel Version”NOTE: USE THE LATEST CIOS INSTALLER,DON'T USE THE ONE FOUND IN MY CHANNEL PACK

5) Go to the SoftChip.zip and copy SoftChip folder inside it (the one with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml inside it). Go back to the apps folder and paste the SoftChip folder.

6) Pop your SD Card in your Wii and go to The Homebrew Channel. Boot up the cIOS installer. Use the D-PAD left or right to change it to this:

“Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”.

Then click A

7) Once it’s done installing, go to SoftChip in The Homebrew Channel. Make sure you boot under IOS 232 (follow the instructions it says.) Pop in your disc and press A.

YOU’RE DONE!! Enjoy Rock Band Customs

Channel Version

1) Put the channel wad in the WAD folder (Wad folder on the root of your SD, If it’s not there, make it.)
2) Put the WAD Manager in the Apps Folder
3) Do step 7 above
4) Go to WAD Manager in The Homebrew Channel.
5) Install the Channel. Go back to the Wii Menu
6) Go to the “Rock Band Launcher” Channel and click start. Make sure your Rock Band Custom Disc in. IOS232 will be preloaded, so Click A.

(and the freaking awesome channel Mrkinator made!)

6) Pop your SD Card in your Wii and go to The Homebrew Channel. Boot up the cIOS installer. Use the D-PAD left or right to change it to this:

Then click A

Well, i got the -1017 error. Sigh... How do i avoid the ES stuff? I have a 4.2E wii.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PerfectLight said:
Mrkinator said:
I've seen way too many posts saying they don't know how to play Rock Band "Backups", So Here it is.

(Ripped straight from my RB customs guide, So if anything says customs, It'll work for backup too)​

Rock Band Soft-Chip

This part assumes you have The Homebrew Channel already! If you don’t know what or how to install Wii Homebrew, Google it.

NOTE: If you have a mod-chip, you probably don’t need to worry about this section, just boot the disc as you normally would. If it doesn’t work with your chip, try the steps.

Files Needed:
cIOS Installer

IOS37:

WAD Manager

Steps:

2) On the root of your SD Card, create a folder called 00000001. Inside that, create a folder called 00000025. Inside that, create a folder called v2070. Inside that, put all 17 files of IOS37 in it.

This is the structure in the end (X:\ being your SD Card) X:00000010000025\v2070

4) Go to the apps folder (make one if you don’t already have). Make a “Soft-Chip cIOS Installer” (without quotes) folder inside the apps folder. Put the “cios_installer.dol” in that folder and rename it to “boot.dol” (without quotes)

Optional: If you want the channel version, skip steps 5 and 7. Go to step “Channel Version”NOTE: USE THE LATEST CIOS INSTALLER,DON'T USE THE ONE FOUND IN MY CHANNEL PACK

5) Go to the SoftChip.zip and copy SoftChip folder inside it (the one with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml inside it). Go back to the apps folder and paste the SoftChip folder.

Then click A

7) Once it’s done installing, go to SoftChip in The Homebrew Channel. Make sure you boot under IOS 232 (follow the instructions it says.) Pop in your disc and press A.

Channel Version

1) Put the channel wad in the WAD folder (Wad folder on the root of your SD, If it’s not there, make it.)
3) Do step 7 above
6) Go to the “Rock Band Launcher” Channel and click start. Make sure your Rock Band Custom Disc in. IOS232 will be preloaded, so Click A.

Then click A

Well, i got the -1017 error. Sigh... How do i avoid the ES stuff? I have a 4.2E wii.

i have the same problem on a 3.4U wii... is it that ios36 or ios37 needs to have the trucha bug??

PerfectLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ringorinfret said:
PerfectLight said:
Mrkinator said:

Rock Band Soft-Chip

Files Needed:
cIOS Installer

IOS37:

WAD Manager

Steps:

Then click A

Channel Version

3) Do step 7 above

Then click A

i have the same problem on a 3.4U wii... is it that ios36 or ios37 needs to have the trucha bug??

I have managed to get around it! If you whant so you can boot it directly from SoftchipR99 just get to step 6. But instead of doing it, go to shofchipR99 and enable the 3 settings at the bottum. Then you can play with the guitar and drums! Rock on fellas!

GurrenRei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this out, and no luck! Please guys, help a massive noob out.

For the record, I am on Wii system version 3.2 U, using Homebrew Channel 1.0.6.

I have the SoftChip installed, and I've followed the steps in MrKinator's post to the T and...nothing! SoftChip will load, and then the disc will spin but the screen goes blank, and shortly after, it returns to the Wii main menu.

Please, guys. I will try anything to get this to work.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I can get my all Rock band and Guitar hero games to run via Mrkinator's Rock band launcher channel BUT I can not get Guitar Hero 5 to work via the Mrkinator's channel. All I get is error #002. Now, I have been doing research on the web for about 2 hours and then I had to stop. Why? because I don't even know what I'm looking for. My problem is unique in that I can get my RB and GH games (except GH5 of course) to load via Neogamma r7 rev14 or Neogamma beta r8 15 without instruments working but in order for to play with my RB2 drum kits, Mrkinator's channel has to be used and I believe my SD card also has to be in my Wii as well. So, it seems as though only someone very knowledgeable about Mrkinator's channel is going to be able to help me out here. Since I will have to utilize his channel in order to use my RB2 drums for GH5.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
salamai said:
I can get my all Rock band and Guitar hero games to run via Mrkinator's Rock band launcher channel BUT I can not get Guitar Hero 5 to work via the Mrkinator's channel. All I get is error #002. Now, I have been doing research on the web for about 2 hours and then I had to stop. Why? because I don't even know what I'm looking for. My problem is unique in that I can get my RB and GH games (except GH5 of course) to load via Neogamma r7 rev14 or Neogamma beta r8 15 without instruments working but in order for to play with my RB2 drum kits, Mrkinator's channel has to be used and I believe my SD card also has to be in my Wii as well. So, it seems as though only someone very knowledgeable about Mrkinator's channel is going to be able to help me out here. Since I will have to utilize his channel in order to use my RB2 drums for GH5.
Guitar Hero 5 uses IOS56, and not IOS37, that's why you recieve Error002, because you haven't IOS56.

Anyways, the Instructions are damm old...you've got easier solutions now. If you want Rockband 1&2/Guitar Hero 5 to work with the "Backup"-Disc, you can:

-Get cIOSCORP 3.6, and install only the .wads 56 and 37 with WADManager. Done. The backups will now even work from the Disc Channel. If you want to play customs, load them with GeckoOS.
-Install Hermes cIOS 223 as 38 merge 37, and use USBLoader GX to boot the Disc with that cIOS.

Much easier, and better.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Blue-K said:
Guitar Hero 5 uses IOS56, and not IOS37, that's why you recieve Error002, because you haven't IOS56.

Anyways, the Instructions are damm old...you've got easier solutions now. If you want Rockband 1&2/Guitar Hero 5 to work with the "Backup"-Disc, you can:

-Get cIOSCORP 3.6, and install only the .wads 56 and 37 with WADManager. Done. The backups will now even work from the Disc Channel. If you want to play customs, load them with GeckoOS.
-Install Hermes cIOS 223 as 38 merge 37, and use USBLoader GX to boot the Disc with that cIOS.

Much easier, and better.
So if I currently use CIOSCorp, USB instruments (only mic and drums, my guitars are GH so no need for USB) should work fine? Also, does it make any difference if the cIOS37 I use is from CIOSCorp 3.4 (I downloaded all the dlc I have under this cIOS, and if I install 3.5 or 3.6 the game says that my dlc is outdated)? My cIOS70 is from 3.5, though (don't see the need to update to 3.6)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
davidsl_128 said:
Blue-K said:

Much easier, and better.
So if I currently use CIOSCorp, USB instruments (only mic and drums, my guitars are GH so no need for USB) should work fine? Also, does it make any difference if the cIOS37 I use is from CIOSCorp 3.4 (I downloaded all the dlc I have under this cIOS, and if I install 3.5 or 3.6 the game says that my dlc is outdated)? My cIOS70 is from 3.5, though (don't see the need to update to 3.6)
-Yes. IOS37 and IOS56 contain Data that the Instuments can work, and both IOS are required for Rockband and/or Guitar Hero. The cIOS from cIOSCORP simply adds the DIP-Modul, which allows to play Backups. That's why they will work for shure. Again: cIOS37 and cIOS56 should be enough, though you can install the whole cIOSCORP if you want.
-You can use whatever Version of cIOSCORP you want, it shouldn't make any difference.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
use USBLoader GX to boot the Disc with that cIOS
@blue k - huh? how can usbloader gx boot a disc?? whenever I load usbloader gx it looks for usb device.... (after that i get frustrated and hard reboot my wii) how do i get it to boot any disc..??

edit: google is my friend. hehe. I just found out that usbloader gx CAN in fact load dvd backups:
http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-lo...vd-backups.html

Maybe I have an old version. I will update my loader soon. but I will try it later after I wake up since I am sleepy now....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-