ROM Hack How would you open up a DS's graphic file

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to figure out how to open up the Graphic files in Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and can't seem to get them to be anything decent, is there a good guide (The stickyed one sucks) on what to do, or if anyone somehow knows off the top of there heads how to open them.

What I have tried so far is playing around with a bunch of the 2D graphic files in Tile Molester and adjusting the codec and the mode.

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I remember that tool. Well, it works for opening the files... So, how would I edit and put them back in?

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zyenet said:
Tahaxan can only extract files. Use Nitro Explorer, which extracts and reinserts files to the ROM.
Ok, now how would I edit the files though? Is there a guide on how to get DS graphics files to display something in a tile editer?

Zyenet

Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure...it depends on the game. You need to find out if/how the images you want to get are encrypted. If they're inside NARC files, you'll need NARC Explorer to get them out. Try opening the ROM with Tahaxan and see if you find any images. They'll have icons, so you'll know. Once you get them out (if Tahaxan can read them, it can decompress to .bmp files, which means you can edit them. Then reload them with Nitro Explorer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: