How well does GBA emulation work on the DSTWO cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Runaway_5, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Runaway_5
    OP

Runaway_5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2012
    United States
    And if it doesn't work well, which card for the 3DS has the best GBA emulation? Will I be able to play patched/unofficial games like Pokemon mods and Mother 3 english patch?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    It's not amazing. No other card has GBA Emulation, so the only thing you could do is get the DSTwo. Patched games should work fine, if they work in the emulator.

3. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    I find the GBA emulation on the DSTWO to be pretty good.

As i mentioned in a previous thread, i have read the posts of members complaints on it but i haven't experienced them myself.

Whether this has something to do with the brand and class of the microSD i use or not i dunno, but like i said, no problems here.

4. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    It works well enough. It doesn't work as beautifully as it would on the original console, but it's better than nothing. But it isn't BAD emulation by any means. I use it all the time and it doesn't affect gameplay or anything like that.

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Its medicore. While playable, there is various glitches that you will run across. You will notice a difference if you play GBA on PC then DS and compare them side by side.

6. ferret7463

ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 21, 2010
    United States
    It does handle english patches and hacks to the roms pretty well. I mostly use it for RPGs. (Mostly due to the B not being Y config. :hateit: )

7. Sylantemp

Sylantemp Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2012
    United States
    I find it to run a tiny bit slower than the original games in very high-speed titles. Otherwise, though, there's not much to complain about. It does the job well.

8. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    It seemed pretty good to me, but this belongs in DStwo or NDS homebrew.

9. Runaway_5
    OP

Runaway_5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2012
    United States
    Pretty much I'm asking exclusively for Mother 3 as I like to replay it often. Anyone have experience with this game on a DStwo?

10. totalnoob617

totalnoob617 Banned

Banned
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    everyone complains about it but i never had a problem with it, but then again i dont really play a whole lot o gba games just nintendo titles mostly
    and yes there are a couple other carss that have gba ,not sure they work on 3ds though ,but mainly they are clones of ds2 , ds2 is the best bet

11. Sylantemp

Sylantemp Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2012
    United States
    The Mother 3 translation plays just fine on it, from the experience I've had.

12. tatripp

tatripp GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Most hacks play fine. Most of the games are playable but the animation doesn't run smoothly. I prefer playing on my psp or smartphone.

13. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    What he said. Like some others said, you're better off just using a PSP or any other portable emulation device, if you have one.