Hacking How well does GBA emulation work on the DSTWO cart?

Runaway_5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if it doesn't work well, which card for the 3DS has the best GBA emulation? Will I be able to play patched/unofficial games like Pokemon mods and Mother 3 english patch?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I find the GBA emulation on the DSTWO to be pretty good.

As i mentioned in a previous thread, i have read the posts of members complaints on it but i haven't experienced them myself.

Whether this has something to do with the brand and class of the microSD i use or not i dunno, but like i said, no problems here.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
It works well enough. It doesn't work as beautifully as it would on the original console, but it's better than nothing. But it isn't BAD emulation by any means. I use it all the time and it doesn't affect gameplay or anything like that.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its medicore. While playable, there is various glitches that you will run across. You will notice a difference if you play GBA on PC then DS and compare them side by side.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does handle english patches and hacks to the roms pretty well. I mostly use it for RPGs. (Mostly due to the B not being Y config. :hateit: )

Sylantemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it to run a tiny bit slower than the original games in very high-speed titles. Otherwise, though, there's not much to complain about. It does the job well.

Runaway_5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much I'm asking exclusively for Mother 3 as I like to replay it often. Anyone have experience with this game on a DStwo?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone complains about it but i never had a problem with it, but then again i dont really play a whole lot o gba games just nintendo titles mostly
and yes there are a couple other carss that have gba ,not sure they work on 3ds though ,but mainly they are clones of ds2 , ds2 is the best bet

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most hacks play fine. Most of the games are playable but the animation doesn't run smoothly. I prefer playing on my psp or smartphone.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not amazing. No other card has GBA Emulation, so the only thing you could do is get the DSTwo. Patched games should work fine, if they work in the emulator.
What he said. Like some others said, you're better off just using a PSP or any other portable emulation device, if you have one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn