Hacking How to use gateway blue card on new 3ds xl?

Doom561

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have my europe new 3ds xl on firmware version 9.0. My gateway is on it's way and when it arrives I'm going to install emunand and upgrade it to 9.5. What I want to know is how do I go about using the blue card for DS backups?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So if I setup Emunand on the 4gb micro sd supplied, can I still install the timewarp.cia to the system nand on that same micro sd card?

Did you already setup emunand? If not then yes you can run gw mode first with no emunand to install the cia to the system nand. Once that's done you can use the format emunand option and update with 3dnus

Doom561

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I haven't set it up yet, I only ordered it today but I want to get all the information I need on how to set it up now so I can do it straight away XD For updating with 3dnus, all I have to do is type in the 9.5 firmware in 3dnus, download all the .cia's and then install them with BBM right?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No I haven't set it up yet, I only ordered it today but I want to get all the information I need on how to set it up now so I can do it straight away XD For updating with 3dnus, all I have to do is type in the 9.5 firmware in 3dnus, download all the .cia's and then install them with BBM right?

Yup, also use devmenu as a .3ds to install the timewarp.cia first as not to install anything else to the system nand. Then you can use BBM to install all the cia files for emunand.

Did you also get OOT or Cubic Ninja

Doom561

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, also use devmenu as a .3ds to install the timewarp.cia first as not to install anything else to the system nand. Then you can use BBM to install all the cia files for emunand.

Did you also get OOT or Cubic Ninja

Yeah I've ordered Cubic Ninja as well. is devmenu the offical sdk for the 3ds or is devmenu just another name for BBM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...