Hacking How to use dumped saves on flashcart?

TribstyAnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used GodMode9 to dump copies of my legally owned ds game cartridges. I then used TWLSave Tool to dump a copy of the saves. I just put the files directly onto the root of the sd card and then put that into my flashcart. The cart recognises they are there, and they will show up in the file list if changes to show .sav files as well, but whenever I start a game, there is no save. I've poked around a bit in the setting and can't find out how to use the saves in the games. A little help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I'm using the R4I Gold RTS. The one reccomended for using with ntrboothax

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used GodMode9 to dump copies of my legally owned ds game cartridges. I then used TWLSave Tool to dump a copy of the saves. I just put the files directly onto the root of the sd card and then put that into my flashcart. The cart recognises they are there, and they will show up in the file list if changes to show .sav files as well, but whenever I start a game, there is no save. I've poked around a bit in the setting and can't find out how to use the saves in the games. A little help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I'm using the R4I Gold RTS. The one reccomended for using with ntrboothax
I have no clue where it keeps the saves, but there's a simple trick. Run the game on the cart, save the game, find where the save file popped up on the cart sd card, and overwrite it.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: OrGoN3

TribstyAnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all the games I opene, there is a trim.sav file. All the save files I dumped are .sav files. All the game carts I dumper are .trim.nds files. does this mean anything. Do I need to convert all my .sav's to .trim.sav's?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all the games I opene, there is a trim.sav file. All the save files I dumped are .sav files. All the game carts I dumper are .trim.nds files. does this mean anything. Do I need to convert all my .sav's to .trim.sav's?
If something says trim, it just means it was made smaller by deleting unnecessary 0s to save space. They're basically the same thing with different file sizes, no drawbacks at all besides being bigger.

TribstyAnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so then what do I do? how do i overwrite the .trim.av that the flashcart produces with my .sav? or can I convert my .sav to a .trim.sav so that the cart recognizes that it goes with that game. The cart just creates save files on the root of the sd card where all the roms and saves are.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so then what do I do? how do i overwrite the .trim.av that the flashcart produces with my .sav? or can I convert my .sav to a .trim.sav so that the cart recognizes that it goes with that game. The cart just creates save files on the root of the sd card where all the roms and saves are.
I said theres no difference what'soever. Just rename your regular .sav to whatever the the trim.sav is named and overwrite it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade