Homebrew how to upgrade 2DS firmware from 6.0.0-12U?

fostertheguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! i am extremely new to the homebrew community, just learning about it yesterday when i was looking for a way to change villagers in my acnl town. since i had a little extra cash, and a tiny bit of understanding, i bought a 2DS with 6.0.0-12U firmware. i need at least 9.X firmware but it has to be under 9.5.0-23, too. i have super smash bros, but it only would let me upgrade to 8.X something. my friend has ssb, too, but his is too new and wanted me to upgrade to 10.X something. i didn't upgrade to 8.X yet. anyway, my question is how can i upgrade to 9.X? please explain thoroughly!! i have never tried to do anything like this before, so i have no clue what i'm doing and need exact instructions. thank you!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! i am extremely new to the homebrew community, just learning about it yesterday when i was looking for a way to change villagers in my acnl town. since i had a little extra cash, and a tiny bit of understanding, i bought a 2DS with 6.0.0-12U firmware. i need at least 9.X firmware but it has to be under 9.5.0-23, too. i have super smash bros, but it only would let me upgrade to 8.X something. my friend has ssb, too, but his is too new and wanted me to upgrade to 10.X something. i didn't upgrade to 8.X yet. anyway, my question is how can i upgrade to 9.X? please explain thoroughly!! i have never tried to do anything like this before, so i have no clue what i'm doing and need exact instructions. thank you!
I used this exact guide to update my recently bought 2DS to 9.2.0: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2). It provides step-by-step instructions on how to update to 9.2.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld