Hacking How to update to firmware 3.3 without updating to 3.4

Dinoguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new used wii(It looks new,but it was from a pawn shop)for my cousins and I want to update it to the same firmware as my wii 3.3
theirs is 3.1
So how do I update it to 3.3 or do I just install starfall on theirs?(No wii game updates)
What do you recommend?
What advantages does the 3.3 update give you anyway?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would update to 3.4 so as to obtain all the IOS that the menu version offers and then proceed to downgrade to 3.2 and install starfall after which I would advise CIOSCORP v2 (This is for backups or you could just use the launcher if prefered. I like disk channel loading though.) and then the Wiigator's CMIOS With backup support. GC Backuplauncher 0.1 xi is the most recent version. when installing that be sure to press the x button once to add support to the Wii backup loader. (You will have full backup loading through the disk channel. Region free can be obtained through the use of Gecko OS or the wii backuploader if needed. It's by far my favorite setup. For a user that doesn't want backup loading then just go to 3.4 downgrade 3.2 and use starfall.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dinoguy said:
I got a new used wii(It looks new,but it was from a pawn shop)for my cousins and I want to update it to the same firmware as my wii 3.3
theirs is 3.1
So how do I update it to 3.3 or do I just install starfall on theirs?(No wii game updates)
What do you recommend?
What advantages does the 3.3 update give you anyway?
Click on the first link in my signature
wink.gif
good luck

Dinoguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.3 and it works fine I just wondered if it was a good firmware so I upgrade then downgrade.
Ok I'll try the same with my wii
DO I have to uninstall anything?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
why not DOWNGRADE to 3.2u while you can its the best FW because you can run Starfall and preloader (this is the only way for you to recover a bricked wii console without a modchip) plus CSM (customized system menus/wiimenu) region free gaming for Wii,VC,Wiiware,Gamecube (including loading from the disc channel)

I am upping a video tutorial to downgrade and super softmod any console a video walk through of a running pir8s guide and softmiis guide as well as backup loading wii/gc ect

i use this combined set of guides..
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139700

Dinoguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed starfall and bootmii (I think thats the name) on my 3.3 wii or it was 3.3 now its 3.2

Whenever I run cIos downgrade 1.2 it returns me to the sytem menu ,does it matter if I installe the wii shop cios updater?(this is on the 3.1)
Please reply I need to send it to them as fast as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio