How to update softmodded Wii from 3.4E to 4.1E?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Epicbeardman, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Epicbeardman
    OP

Epicbeardman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    I recently got a brand new Wii with system menu 3.4E, and the first thing I did after the initial setup was use Bannerbomb v1 to install BootMii and the Homebrew Channel. Next, I made sure to perform a NAND backup, and that went fine. So far, so good.

Since I was only able to install BootMii as an IOS, my next step was to install Priiloader for some extra protection. However, I soon learned that Priiloader can only be installed on a Wii with system menu 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2.

What's the best way to update my system menu to 4.1 without breaking anything? I have Wii Sports Resort in my possession, can that be used to update the system menu? Preferably, I would like to update to 4.1 because, as I understand it, 4.2 doesn't offer any new functionality.

2. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Search for modmii. Just follow the instructions. Awesome program. good luck!

3. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    i think WSR only has 4.0 on it....4.1 was released to fix a bug in WSR found after the game had shipped....

i second using Modmii....excellent program

4. Epicbeardman
    OP

Epicbeardman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    United States
    ModMii worked like an absolute charm. Thanks for the tip! I will keep this great software in mind if I ever have to softmod a Wii again.

5. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Nice! thanks !Thank the maker for the program!