Gaming How to uninstall an old installation of Windows?

SherlockHolmeboy

OP
Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
Hi guys, I could use a little help here. I had an installation of Windows XP Professional previously on my computer, and wanted to install a new version of XP (Don't ask me why). I thought if I left my C: drive the way it was (no formatting, etc) that it would install over the top of my old Windows XP installation. However now, I have 2 WINDOWS folders on my C: drive, C:\WINDOWS amd C:\WINDOWS.0 .

I checked the boot.ini file for my computer, and found that the default OS (the one I'm using now) uses the WINDOWS.0 folder. I'm trying to clear up as much space as I can on my C: drive (it only has 3GB of 20GB free), so am I able to delete the WINDOWS folder that I'm not using anymore, and delete that entry off boot.ini, or does it involve more than that? Or is this not even possible without a clean install?

EDIT: Nevermind. After some frantic Google searching, I found this Microsoft KB article:
How to remove a second installation of a Windows operating system from a partition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o