Hacking how to unbrick vWii from priiloader?

BinbinTV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hii, I am desperate. I searched for many hours on forums to find the two vWii system files (00000022.app and 00000023.app). *snip*. By launching Priiloader without doing it on purpose, I bricked my vWii. Thank you for your help, have a good day.

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: requesting

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first, it's forbidden to share files from nintendo.
second, 22.app could be anything.
it's like asking for "data.bin", please I need "data.bin" ! yeah, but which program? or application ? which version ? which content or size etc.
anyway, we can't share it because it's copyrighted, and it's not even needed to fix your vWii.

what you need is the system menu files, which priiloader replaced.
you probably can find it using NUSD for vWii, extract it to get 00000023.app, then access your MLC and replace the file by ftp.

but it's even easier, priiloader didn't delete your system menu, it made a copy and renamed it to 10000023.app, so you don't even need to get a file from anyone, you already have a copy on your SLCMPT (the vWii NAND), it's in system menu folder, just rename it. be sure the rights are set correctly too (executable, etc.)
resume:
use CBHC or Haxchi, and ftpiiu_everywhere.
connect to your SLCMTTP using a FTP client on your computer.

1. delete /title/00000001/00000002/00000023.app,
2 rename 10000023.app to 00000023.app

hint:
make a copy of everything before deleting anything.
even better, make a full nand dump before attempting any system edition, for people who like to mess things randomly and delete wrong files they shouldn't touch ...

note:
this is only a deduction based on how priiloader is working (renaming the system menu and replace itself with the same name to be launched first).
I don't remember why priiloader didn't work and it bricked (is the .app ancast'd ?)
if someone has any objection, or another way to fix (other than the 2 provided solutions), please be sure to comment. the vWii is already full bricked and not booting anyway.

Last edited by Cyan,

BinbinTV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am a complete beginner at all this stuff and had some trouble finding infos about this particular issue. However following your suggestions, I had a file named "10000023.app" in the "/title/00000001/00000002/" folder, so I renamed it to "00000023.app" and it successfully worked ! Guess I will go for a full NAND dump now.

Thanks for your help !

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ohh, maybe I'm the one who is wrong then.
I know priiloader rename "0" to "1", I thought it was the last number, not the first one.
I'll have to look at the sources a lot better.
Thank you for your return with this issue and telling me I was wrong.

Anyway, I'm glad my wrong information could still help you !
I updated the guide with proper filenames.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool