Hacking How to transfer saves from modded Wii to unmodded Wii

porksoda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Launch Wii stopped reading discs. It was modded a long time ago when softmodding was new, and I've updated it sporadically since but couldn't tell you what I've done.
-Bought a new Wii, don't really want to softmod it.
-Really want to transfer my Brawl, AC, and Mario Kart saves to my new Wii AND my Wii U
-Afraid to do a system transfer because of the Wii being modded, although I've read it's safe, still don't wanna chance it

Is there ANY way I can move those saves from my old, modded Wii to my new one/Wii U? I've been messing with SaveGame Manager GX but I can't get it to locate all my saves (only a few show up), and it's been years since I originally modded my Wii so I don't remember what I have and haven't done.

Apologies for a topic everyone has probably seen a million times.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny you mention Brawl, AC & Mario Kart, coz if there's 3 games where I reckon it'll be impossible to transfer to an unmodded console, it's those 3! :lol:
Just get it modded man! Chuck one of the links up in the tutorials section, follow it to a tee and you'll be sorted - I'm 99.9% sure those particular save files can't be transferred otherwise...

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
You can't copy your saves of the games with online, maybe you can copy to your usb with savegame manager GX but if you want to transfer the save to your wii you couldnt in the unmodded wii, because you could use cheats in your saves or something like that, hack your console and transfer the save with savegame manager gx, but you can copy all the saves of the games without online

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure you can transfer copy-protected saves to another Wii IF you can get them onto the SD card; the protection prevents the save from getting the save there. Savegame Manager GX can do that for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-