How to transfer saves from modded Wii to unmodded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by porksoda, Jun 9, 2014.

1. porksoda
    OP

porksoda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    United States
    -Launch Wii stopped reading discs. It was modded a long time ago when softmodding was new, and I've updated it sporadically since but couldn't tell you what I've done.
    -Bought a new Wii, don't really want to softmod it.
    -Really want to transfer my Brawl, AC, and Mario Kart saves to my new Wii AND my Wii U
    -Afraid to do a system transfer because of the Wii being modded, although I've read it's safe, still don't wanna chance it

Is there ANY way I can move those saves from my old, modded Wii to my new one/Wii U? I've been messing with SaveGame Manager GX but I can't get it to locate all my saves (only a few show up), and it's been years since I originally modded my Wii so I don't remember what I have and haven't done.

Apologies for a topic everyone has probably seen a million times.

2. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Funny you mention Brawl, AC & Mario Kart, coz if there's 3 games where I reckon it'll be impossible to transfer to an unmodded console, it's those 3! :lol:
    Just get it modded man! Chuck one of the links up in the tutorials section, follow it to a tee and you'll be sorted - I'm 99.9% sure those particular save files can't be transferred otherwise...

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
  4. Doux91

Doux91 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2014
    You can't copy your saves of the games with online, maybe you can copy to your usb with savegame manager GX but if you want to transfer the save to your wii you couldnt in the unmodded wii, because you could use cheats in your saves or something like that, hack your console and transfer the save with savegame manager gx, but you can copy all the saves of the games without online

5. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2010
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure you can transfer copy-protected saves to another Wii IF you can get them onto the SD card; the protection prevents the save from getting the save there. Savegame Manager GX can do that for you.