pussieLoader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by giantpune, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

pussieLoader by giantpune at 1:53 PM (18,692 Views / 0 Likes) 68 replies

1. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States

What is it?
    it is a rebooter & system menu patcher that should be run from bannerbomb for people too pussie to install the homebrew channel or patch an IOS so they can use better tools.

Why is it?
    there was a post from a dude wanting to copy protected saves without installing any cIOS or homebrew. so that got me wondering why nobody has made something like that yet. so here is my first attempt.

Where is it?
    v1http://www.multiupload.com/FBLGGQEZV8
    v2http://www.multiupload.com/NILEOJUKIF

what system menus does it work on?
    it SHOULD work on every system menu that has a SD card menu. even if it does start from the old bannerbomb, the system menu will most likely freeze when you reboot it and try to copy a save. i have just taken the "remove copy protection" hacks from wiibrew. so any of the 4.X system menus there should be working.

is it safe?
    yes. there is no code here that writes anything to the nand, SD card, usb drive, network or anywhere but the RAM.

does it have bugs?
    yes. its only been tested on 1 wii so far... mine.

its got a some issues that im not sure if i can get rid of. maybe one day.
    in an attempt not to use any DI_Verify() related stuff, ive also left out any IOS reload stuff. that makes sure that it will do what it does no matter if you have a patched IOS or not. it also is the cause of many possible issues since it is not a great idea.

the IOS is left in the state that it was in when you run bannerbomb to crash the system menu.
    apparently if you have already gone to the "Data Management" in the settings before you do bannerbomb to run this, and then you try to go there after you have restarted the system menu, it will freeze. because of the fact that the IOS has already been doing other stuff before this program is run and then it loads the system menu again without resetting the IOS, it really is in an unstable state. and because of that, there can be random crashes once the system menu has bee restarted.

why can't I use this with the old bannerbomb?
    as stated already, the IOS is left in the state it was when bannerbomb did its thing. so my best guess is that the following happens...
    you start the system menu and go to the data management screen to use bannerbomb.
    the system menu does the equivalent of
    CODEfor( int i = 0; i < ALL_THESE_CHANNELS; i++ )
    FILE* fp = fopen( someimportantfile, rb);
    then you crash the system menu with bannerbomb. and since those files were never closed, the system menu cannot open them when it tries.

why does it tell me to eject the dvd and try again?
    if there was a dvd in the drive, it will be identified as the dvd and not the system menu

how do i use it?
    use system menu 4.0 or higher
    put the boot.dol on the root of your sd card and the bannerbomb private foder.
    remove any dvd from the wii's vagina
    go to the sd card menu.
    load the dol.
    it should restart your system menu and you will be able to copy saves using the "Data Management" in the settings.
    even if the "copy" button looks disabled, click it anyways.
    if the system menu freezes at any time, just hold the power button till the light goes red, then turn on your wii and try again
    I don't recommend back-to-back usage. Aside from there being no benefit, you add to the chance that this will crash from "stacking" it back to back. Instead, use this to restart the system menu. Then press reset or home->wii menu befor you try it again.

i would like some feedback.
    does this work for you?
    if it crashes 3/4 times, i count that as working.

if it NEVER works, what system menu do you have?

does it reboot but you are still unable to copy saves?

does it work great?

do you have preloader installed?

changelog
    v1. initial release

v2. changed from ISFS_ to ES_
    changed entrypoint
    suppress most debug output. people using this wont have a usb gecko anyways
    lots of little changes under the hood
    tested and verified working on my wii with 4.0u, 4.1u, and 4.2u with official and correct IOSes
    ive just 50 tests in a row with no freezing or crashes (4.1u).

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Nice. If you have a disc in the drive and run something from bannerbomb you are identified as the disc and without disc you are identified as system menu? That's a bit strange.

If you want something to do, you can also do an AnyTitle Deleter for bannerbomb. And i'm not sure if Daco finally did, you can try to write a priiloader installer that doesn't require a patched IOS. Well i don't know if you can write the system menu files if you are identified as system menu. Oh and of course only if you want to.

3. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    can you get the ticket with the current unpatched IOSes and running from bannerbomb? i thought that was one issue with preloader needing patches and stuff.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    When being identified as system menu you should be able to read the tmd, ticket and contents of the system menu, but i'm not sure about writing. Maybe it's better to not touch it if it runs as unstable as you described.

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Mhm...isn't this basicly Banana Patcher? Seems like it...only with Code that you won't need an IOS with Trucha (I think you have to remove the IOS Reload from an App, that it get's the "Bannerbomb-Permission", right? EDIT: Yup, I was right [​IMG]. Reading the whole post is always a win xD.).

But yeah...much better name [​IMG]. And still great work, as always [​IMG].

6. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    You my dear Cow, are awesome! [​IMG]

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    [​IMG]

This loader has the best name ever! If I ever meet you in real life, remind me that I owe you a huge amount of drinks, GiantPune. [​IMG]

I can already see how conversations will go:

guy: help! I tried to move some protected files around for fun, but my wii won't let me.
    community: ok...have you tried ?
    guy: no...it won't have me do some things I don't know anything about, will it? I'm a bit noobish.
    community: erm...it's just an app that runs off the homebrew channel.
    guy: app? homebrew channel? runs? [​IMG] Waaaah! Don't get all technical with me! I'm an average gbatemp user! I just want to do stuff!
    community: well...the homebrew channel is a program that allows you to easily run all sorts of other programs. If you just install it...
    guy: I don't want to make any changes! I'm too scared that nintendo ever finds out anything.
    community: ...
    community: in that case, you can try pussieloader. It won't make any changes in your system whatsoever. It's MADE for people like you! [​IMG]
    guy: well...and you're sure it's not going to brick my wii? I think I've read something about someone ever bricking a wii, and I don't want that to happen to me.
    community: trust us: we're random guys from the internet...OF COURSE you're not going to brick your wii. [​IMG]
    guy: okay...

guy: ey! this thing crashes on me! [​IMG]
    community: yep. That's normal. Sorry, but if you don't want to make changes to your wii whatsoever, you're going to have to deal with it that it may crash about...3 times out of 4. Just keep trying. [​IMG]
    guy: ...
    guy: I hate this community. [​IMG]

8. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    I hope not, but I guess so =/

9. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    wever, pure win

10. WiiHoney

Member WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I will never look at my Wii the same way again.

and i dont think my wife will be ok to have an other pussie_Loader in the house

11. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    lol@pussieLoader

12. Assassination

Member Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

Japan
    So this program is for the pussie people right?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Thanks for that application [​IMG]

I tested it with 3.2E (for the fun, I know I can use menuLoader), but I got only a blackscreen.

edit for Xflak : I know it need 4.x, it was just for testing purpose and see the result.

14. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada

15. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    i remember that thread.

16. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I can't test pussieloader because my wii isn't a virgin.

(somebody just HAD to make that joke [​IMG] )

17. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    I'm glad I caused something productive to happen.

I HAVE A HACKED WII

with Homebrew Channel
    with cIOS
    with USB Loader GX
    with cMIOS
    etc., etc., etc.!!!!!!!!

All of my questions were about how feasable it would be getting an Endless Ocean save file from someone over the Internet. That same someone does not have a hacked Wii, is over 40, and probably hates change.

If any of you smart, smart GBAtemp users (besides Giantpune, you're awesome) would like to provide a complete Endless Ocean save file for me, great. That is all I want for my

ALREADY HACKED with HBC etc..... Wii.

18. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No need to get all defensive. I don't think anyone here said anything to imply you didn't know what you were doing.

GiantPune said:

Which only says you were looking for something like, not necessarily for yourself.

And Wever created a hypothetical situation set in the future, and not a conversation he was expecting you to be a part of.

As you said yourself, be happy you brought forward the idea for a useful tool. Nobody said YOU needed it [​IMG]

19. Lee Zappetta

Newcomer Lee Zappetta Member

United States
  20. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    I'll try it. Actually "complete" is a simplification, I want a game in the spring season. (You start in summer and have to go through the rest of the seasons to get to spring)

Also, I tried the loader 5 times, worked 0 times. 4.2 U, Priiloader installed but disabled. Bootmii installed as boot2. cIOS rev 17[?].

edit 2: Lawl - The USA save is one I posted myself to GameFAQs.