Gaming How to transfer pokemon from gen 4 to 5?

Borab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have:

3ds
supercard dstwo
pokemon black cartridge

I have pokemon on heart gold (rom) that I wanna transfer to Black, and I also wanna download PKMN files for the legendaries like mew and jirachi to my Black cartridge so I can eventually transfer them to gen 6 with pokebank

Is this possible? and does the wifi shutdown thing affect anything related to transferring between gens?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this post again.

you can't use only a 3ds you need other stuff

you need another console. if you can get a ds\dslite is better.

if you have a ds\lite you can edit the save on your pokemon black so it does have the pokemons from the other rom.

if you have another dsi\3ds you can edit the pokemon black rom and transfer it to your real black using 2 consoles.

Borab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this post again.

you can't use only a 3ds you need other stuff

you need another console. if you can get a ds\dslite is better.

if you have a ds\lite you can edit the save on your pokemon black so it does have the pokemons from the other rom.

if you have another dsi\3ds you can edit the pokemon black rom and transfer it to your real black using 2 consoles.

I didn't understand the part with the ds/lite, how can I edit the save on my pokemon black? can't i just trade between the rom and the cartridge if i have a 3ds and ds lite?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I didn't understand the part with the ds/lite, how can I edit the save on my pokemon black? can't i just trade between the rom and the cartridge if i have a 3ds and ds lite?

no, to transfer from gen 4 you need to use a tool in gen 5 poketransfer, poketransfer will ask for a real pokemon cartridge and can't work with a rom\flashcart...

you can use the ds lite to launch the backup tool, save it on your flashcart\computer, edit the save and send the save back to your real cartridge.

you can't use a 3ds to backup your save because you can't switch cards, the 3ds will power off the cart slot once you take out the flashcart and there is no way to turn back on the power.

Borab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, to transfer from gen 4 you need to use a tool in gen 5 poketransfer, poketransfer will ask for a real pokemon cartridge and can't work with a rom\flashcart...

you can use the ds lite to launch the backup tool, save it on your flashcart\computer, edit the save and send the save back to your real cartridge.

you can't use a 3ds to backup your save because you can't switch cards, the 3ds will power off the cart slot once you take out the flashcart and there is no way to turn back on the power.

Ok I got it now, thanks a lot. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER