Hacking How to test if my Gateway is working

dandymanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So basically, what happened here is, when i saw the Gateway running on the N3DS back in Nov'14. I rushed out and got myself a Jap N3DS and the Gateway cart. Since then, i've been wondering if my Gateway cards are working as they've been in the box all the time.

So today, i took both the red and blue card out, plugged in a microsd card and inserted them into my N3DS and a 3dsXL that i've got. It seems that nothing shows up on the screen. Is there any test i can do to see if mine are "dead or arrival" units or if they're working, without ver4.5 set now?

TaroRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's any way to tell until the update comes out but nothing showing up is completely normal

QOMO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
there is no way to test red card i think
but if u want to test ur blue card u can just download the firmware from their offical website and copy to ur tf card
if it's works the 3ds will display a sword icon on screen.

Reactions: Sonicx64

QOMO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
so far as I known , the blue card only support to 6.x , but his Jap N3DS version at lest with 8.x, so still no way to test but waiting or borrow from others for testing

yeah i know this.
its just test if this blue card can work or not.
my n3ds is 8.1 aswell. i can see a sword icon but i cant not run it.
but at least i know my blue card is working

Reactions: Sonicx64

dandymanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yeah i know this.
its just test if this blue card can work or not.
my n3ds is 8.1 aswell. i can see a sword icon but i cant not run it.
but at least i know my blue card is working

Oh no. Mine doesn't even show a sword icon. Think I'll try to format my microsd card and try again. Hope at least the red card is working somehow.

QOMO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh no. Mine doesn't even show a sword icon. Think I'll try to format my microsd card and try again. Hope at least the red card is working somehow.

really? the blue card in mine can display a icon and if i click the 3ds will say the error occurred.
its happened in my japanese N3DS 8.1 and AUS 3DS 6.3 system

just download the newest 2.7 firmware and there has a blue card firmware inside.

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Did you put the files in the MicroSD card like you're suppose to?

I have 9.2 but I can still see the Icon and it's called "Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA, Inc."

Loading the Icon will give you a black screen/error message.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Awkwardly, you can put ANYTHING you want on the MicroSD for the Blue Card and it'll still display the Sword icon. ;)

Of course, I always get an error anyways, as is to be expected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu