Hacking How to stop 11.3 update popup ?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Huh? It was answered correctly twice by TWO people using 2 methods. And I had them both in my summary :teach:
That point is related to when I originally made my first post. I just reiterated it in the post you quoted. Only one person answered at the time

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As expected, your "11.3 causes stuttering in some games" is nothing but fearmongering and utter bullshit. If you can't back it up then don't make claims like that. One game stuttering, only during cutscenes, is hardly worth of a "Don't update to 11.3 - it causes stuttering in games" which is the point you're trying to make. Just because no one's running an FPS metter and going through game by game doesn't mean there are other games with stuttering. Besides you don't need FPS meter to see stuttering .. if you can't see it without fps meter then it's not stuttering.

And there is his "proof". OOT has it so other games must too - they just haven't been found yet .. Don't update to 11.3 .. causes stuttering in games!

*facepalm*
smealum has some background info on why it is stuttering. certainly not the only game.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who the fuck is smealum? And again, it only matters if the games you actually play have the problem. Nobody's going to give a shit if some mediocre jRPG that nobody has even heard of has stuttering issues. Of all the games that we play the only one we even know of with issues is OoT - and have we even found any stuttering on Majora's Mask?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the fuck is smealum? And again, it only matters if the games you actually play have the problem. Nobody's going to give a shit if some mediocre jRPG that nobody has even heard of has stuttering issues. Of all the games that we play the only one we even know of with issues is OoT - and have we even found any stuttering on Majora's Mask?
smealum helped make the Homebrew Launcher and is also responsible for helping fix the Homebrew Launcher when a system update breaks it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's ignorance right there.

Do you really think everyone who hack their consoles is obligated to research and know who's behind each app and who developed what? While the name is familiar to me, it is not uncommon for it to be unfamiliar to others so giving shit about it to them is just stupid.

Besides whether you know who smealum or not is irrelevant. The guy is still making baseless claims that "games do stutter" without providing any conclusive proofs or links. Even this post he didn't prove anything .. Just said that someone else has said they stutter. Doesn't matter if that someone is smealum or God himself, if you're gonna make a claim like that at least don't be a lazy ass and post a link backing up those claims where the person you're referring to has stated those things.

Reactions: NightScript

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides whether you know who smealum or not is irrelevant. The guy is still making baseless claims that "games do stutter" without providing any conclusive proofs or links. Even this post he didn't prove anything .. Just said that someone else has said they stutter. Doesn't matter if that someone is smealum or God himself, if you're gonna make a claim like that at least don't be a lazy ass and post a link backing up those claims where the person you're referring to has stated those things.
Well, we have things like:

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, we have things like:

Hey at least you bothered to provide proof instead of just saying "It exists .. X said so". On that note, judging from what you said, the stuttering has been fixed with Luma? But the dude was claiming the issue was within 11.3 itself and not CFW? Also if the stuttering has been fixed then what is the issue with updating to 11.3 again?

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ops... fixed :O

Soo... is it .gif as in "gift" without the "T", or as in "Jiffy" without the "fy"?

Huh? It was answered correctly twice by TWO people using 2 methods. And I had them both in my summary :teach:
Not to be an asshole, and sorry, but I just really like pointing out mistakes. The reason I do so, is in order that the user learns from them. Though, I'm not ass much as an asshole, as the guys on other boards, which actually take grammar into age consideration.

Also, sorry in advance but: Opps*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey at least you bothered to provide proof instead of just saying "It exists .. X said so". On that note, judging from what you said, the stuttering has been fixed with Luma? But the dude was claiming the issue was within 11.3 itself and not CFW? Also if the stuttering has been fixed then what is the issue with updating to 11.3 again?
It is with 11.3 in itself, but luma provided a patch in its CFW to fix it. Currently, our CFW are just patches to our original FW. Also, please be considerate of other CFW's, like ReiNAND, SaltFW, Cakes, and so much more, that haven't fixed the issue yet (except for Original RXTools, which will never fix its 11.3 issues...)

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's "Oops". But, whatever.
Lmao at myself.

Okay, sorry.

Anyways, OP's question has been answered, but I have a question:
To make it permanent, I have never heard of this update suppressor, but ok. Sounds good. Another option is to block Nintendo's servers in your router, or manually set DNS to go through a couple of IP addresses that have already been configured to do that for the community (you'll have to search for 3DS dns... I don't have the time or bandwidth right now). The down side is that this blocks the eshop as well. Street Pass and Spot Pass will still function though.
Is the TubeHax DNS server still down? Or did it return?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao at myself.

Okay, sorry.

Anyways, OP's question has been answered, but I have a question:

Is the TubeHax DNS server still down? Or did it return?
I can't answer that because I never used it. And, I'm literally out to sea, so I can't check. I simply block the sites in my own router at home.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While installing A9LH isn't an answer to removing the popup, it is the right course of action either way. If he doesn't have A9LH then he should because if he ever updates on accident he's SOL. If he does have A9LH then the right course of action is to update because there is no reason to stay on 11.2 if you have A9LH.

I agree!

Last edited by democracy,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The message goes away and you get "stability enhancements "

Also, that's a terrible mentality to have in a day where at any moment you could be blindsided by a hacker. For all we know 11.3 fixes a glitch that prevents hackers from adding your 3DS to a botnet that then acts as a gateway to hack your router which then sniffs all traffic for credit card information or something.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
Reactions: NightScript

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a reason to update. I don't see one.

Well I'll give some of my "aluminium hat" reasons why I prefer to keep updated;
1) Everything works, nothing is broken on my N3DS with the latest update
2) I'm not really clear as to the Nintendo ever evolving criteria for online banning but surely attempting to go only with a current fw should be less conspicuous.
3) I prefer to upgrade with the herd, that way should a problem arise, troubleshooting tips/methods/files are more readily available, it's fersh in everyones minds
4) I feel its safer to have a controlled software update than a possibly an unexpected one and as long as I'm running the latest, this isn't a concern
5) Gives me a greater sense of accomplishment, knowing there is nothing more to be done:)
6) Gets rid of update nag

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll give some of my "aluminium hat" reasons why I prefer to keep updated;
1) Everything works, nothing is broken on my N3DS with the latest update
2) I'm not really clear as to the Nintendo ever evolving criteria for online banning but surely attempting to go only with a current fw should be less conspicuous.
3) I prefer to upgrade with the herd, that way should a problem arise, troubleshooting tips/methods/files are more readily available.
4) I feel its safer to have a controlled software update than a possibly an unexpected one and as long as I'm running the latest, this isn't a concern for me
5) Gives me a greater sense of accomplishment, knowing there is nothing more to be done:)
none of these apply to me.
1. everythings works for me on 11.2
2. i can go online just fine. u dont get banned for being on a lower firmware.
3. i rarely follow the herd as i'm not a sheep. (most people are though)
4. doesn't even make sense as being on 11.2 gives you the most control over your system.
5. you have gained nothing from 11.3 other than to feel supperior because of the 0.1 lol

so basically there's 0.1 reasons to upgrade :D

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of these apply to me.
1. everythings works for me on 11.2
2. i can go online just fine. u dont get banned for being on a lower firmware.
3. i rarely follow the herd as i'm not a sheep. (most people are though)
4. doesn't even make sense as being on 11.2 gives you the most control over your system.
5. you have gained nothing from 11.3 other than to feel supperior because of the 0.1 lol

so basically there's 0.1 reasons to upgrade :D

ah, no... basically you epically failed at properly comprehending my previous post:)

and now your trolling...

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so there's a permanent fix to the audio stutter and framerate drops in OoT3D? How do I fix it? Does this fix revert the fasthax and oothax changes, and allow OoT3D to run just like it does in 11.2 and below?
Well, um, they fixed it on Luma, but other CFW's still need to fix it.

I'm going to provide an edit to SaltFW soon, but expect other CFW's to fix it soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la