Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
It's doing memory scanning, wait patiently.
If after 5 minutes it doesn't return to Home Menu, it's really weird.

Left it for about five minutes. Still the same. LoadCode Loading... Underneath that... about two pixels worth of white.. Which may have originally been drawing something... a load bar maybe? Also, wireless led occasionally flickers.

I'll leave it while I get ready for bed anyway. 2am... i'm up in five hours *groans*

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you yifan, but it seems that you forgot the actual patch (you defined the char but you don't use it)

Added actual patch.

Also, I realized I never posted use directions. Figures since this wasn't really released ;)

Anyways, it works when the loading bar and "this page failed to load" message disappears. You press the home button and it should say "an error has occurred". That means the patch worked.
If it fails, it either freezes (you can't press home) or it crashes (an error has occurred) without pressing anything.

Of course, if someone wants to make a better UX and show an animated GIF that shows the message "Press the Home Button" in 30 seconds or something, it would be nice.

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Left it for about five minutes. Still the same. LoadCode Loading... Underneath that... about two pixels worth of white.. Which may have originally been drawing something... a load bar maybe? Also, wireless led occasionally flickers.

I'll leave it while I get ready for bed anyway. 2am... i'm up in five hours *groans*

Last code.bin before sleep
Follow yifan_lu's instructions.

Attachments

• code.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Margen67

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
here's what mine did last.

xlsWdM4.jpg

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried last code.bin. Still same result. Hit home after "this page failed to load" disappeared.

Tried eshop. Still claimed an update was available.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know what code you're compiling (since obviously if you patch the ECS urls to http://yourip/ it won't work). What you SHOULD be compiling is the latest update-patch branch with the other memcpy_ for the URLs commented out.

Also, I'm sorry to do this but I'm not going provide support for this. This is literally designed just for my own use in investigating eshop. If I have time (and chances are I wont) I'll finish up spider-lcfw that is designed for users in mind. This is very hacky and I won't be surprised if it just doesn't work. I could have just not posted it on github but it's out there for anyone to get working--just not me.

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this apparently figured out on O3DS and N3DS, it seems System Transfer from O3SD to region-changed regular N3DS is now possible...

The question I have is what is the best way about getting my 9.6/7 EmuNAND data onto my 9.2 SysNAND on my O3DS? My NANDs are still linked so it should be pretty easy. Is there any way to easily downgrade my EmuNAND or should I just extract all my NAND save files from the EmuNAND, import them into SysNAND image, flash that to O3DS and System Transfer? Maybe I can even get this done tonight... ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.