Gaming How to spend the 10 Nintendo Play Coins in Mercenaries

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say one way to be able to switch weapons for Resident Evil 3D is by completing the game on all SS scores on every level. Another way I looked up is that if you spend 10 Nintendo play coins you're be able to switch weapons in between characters. Does anybody know how to do this?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Demonstryde said:
im still trying to get the ex levels done. but i have not seen anywhere to spend coins..

Go into character selection then press the left trigger to try changing weapons. Highlight the spot which normally holds the character whose weapons you want to use and press A. You'll be told access is denied but you can unlock it for 10 play coins, or 15 for the 9th choice underneath the character portraits (what is that, by the way?). From there just select the weapon set you want to use.

Personally I've only unlocked Krauser's bow and rocket launcher combo so far, I thought it worked well with Claire Redfield, the red bow compliments her outfit. Truth be told there's not much purpose in unlocking them as the characters don't seem to handle weapons any differently, it makes no difference to gameplay if Krauser's using the bow or Claire has it. It's pretty much just for aesthetic reasons as far as I can tell.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well I keep trying to look up tricks and codes and all the gaming websites I've looked at say they need if you want to have access to other characters guns you hafta pay 10 coins but I dunno how you do it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swing said:
Yeah well I keep trying to look up tricks and codes and all the gaming websites I've looked at say they need if you want to have access to other characters guns you hafta pay 10 coins but I dunno how you do it.

See above.

D

Deleted User

Blaze163 said:
Go into character selection then press the left trigger to try changing weapons. Highlight the spot which normally holds the character whose weapons you want to use and press A. You'll be told access is denied but you can unlock it for 10 play coins, or 15 for the 9th choice underneath the character portraits (what is that, by the way?). From there just select the weapon set you want to use.

Personally I've only unlocked Krauser's bow and rocket launcher combo so far, I thought it worked well with Claire Redfield, the red bow compliments her outfit. Truth be told there's not much purpose in unlocking them as the characters don't seem to handle weapons any differently, it makes no difference to gameplay if Krauser's using the bow or Claire has it. It's pretty much just for aesthetic reasons as far as I can tell.
I also think it's purely for aesthetic reasons, the only other reason I could think of is that, if you don't like the melee attack of one character you can use his/her weapons with another.

The special weapons are a double grenade launcher, which shoots two grenades at a (horizontal) diagonal angle, and a handgun (Red 9 or something like that), which is okay but only has a clip size of 3 bullets. They aren't that great, imo.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:
I also think it's purely for aesthetic reasons, the only other reason I could think of is that, if you don't like the melee attack of one character you can use his/her weapons with another.

The special weapons are a double grenade launcher, which shoots two grenades at a (horizontal) diagonal angle, and a handgun (Red 9 or something like that), which is okay but only has a clip size of 3 bullets. They aren't that great, imo.

Different characters actually have different damage resistance, as well as different recovery amounts. An example would be that Wesker's alternate outfit only receives half damage, yet barely recovers any health at all from herbs, while Rebecca's alternate outfit has very little resistance to damage yet recovers incredible amounts with each herb. As for the Red9 and the Double Grenade Launcher, they're basically awesome - the Red9 is pretty much a guaranteed one hit kill against normal enemies (most of the time) and the Double Grenade Launcher just annihilates everything. It's better than Krauser's rocket launcher by far and not just because you can always pick up more ammo.

But my favourite weapon set is definitely Rebecca's. The MP5 is a brilliant weapon for setting up melee kills and her Grenade Launcher is awesome at wiping out entire groups of enemies. Wesker's is pretty good, too, although the lack of ammo will really hurt you at the beginning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-