Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
(1000th POST on this thread) Should I stay with 5.00 M33-4 or 6.60 PRO c2 FIX3?

6.60 ME-1.8 if your psp is a fat (firmware that is close to m33)
6.60 Pro if your psp is a slim (not as close to the old m33 but also good and has access to pro online ) or ME 1.8

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as the M33 branch hasn't been updated in many years, go with a modern 6.x like PRO.

6.60 ME-1.8 if your psp is a fat (firmware that is close to m33)
6.60 Pro if your psp is a slim (not as close to the old m33 but also good and has access to pro online ) or ME 1.8

Thank you, I will use 6.60.

Lfredde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hello, i shuld buy a psp 2000 whith firmeware 3,72.
shuld this work to softmod? :rolleyes:
(i was reading somewere that some 2000 don't work)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
hello, i shuld buy a psp 2000 whith firmeware 3,72.
shuld this work to softmod? :rolleyes:
(i was reading somewere that some 2000 don't work)

Yes you should. It's almost definitely a fully hackable model capable of running any firmware compatible with slim PSP's.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
so the best softmod is 6.20 PRO (permanent) thene?

Thx!

If it's a fully hackable PSP then no, the best option is 6.60 PRO with the permanent option. 6.20 is an elegant hack job to get a permanent custom firmware working, but it's not necessary on the PSP's able to run a custom IPL.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I got a psp go on fw 6.60, every time I try to use the Fast Recovery it only freezes and starts to shutter. It was working fine, even if it powered off ( rather then standy) i could recover before no problem. Any suggestions? I think its on PRO B?
EDIT...it can load and run a "regular" game no problem.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a psp go on fw 6.60, every time I try to use the Fast Recovery it only freezes and starts to shutter. It was working fine, even if it powered off ( rather then standy) i could recover before no problem. Any suggestions? I think its on PRO B?
EDIT...it can load and run a "regular" game no problem.
Rename the /seplugins/ folder to something else on the memory stick.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Sorry double post, messed up the quote reply.

Don't even have the seplugins folder?

EDIT.....problem solved, just deleted the cfw and starting fresh install, works now. Very strange where the missing folders/files went?

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i get a psp3K from amazon, it doesn't matter what version, model, or firmware i should be able to at least partially hack it using this guide? (i won't mind having to use Fastrecovery every reboot to re-install the cfw)
just making double sure before i order one and waste 100$ on it when i'm getting it solely for this.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So if i get a psp3K from amazon, it doesn't matter what version, model, or firmware i should be able to at least partially hack it using this guide? (i won't mind having to use Fastrecovery every reboot to re-install the cfw)
just making double sure before i order one and waste 100$ on it when i'm getting it solely for this.
Yeah, the PSP's dead. Hasn't gotten an update in over two years.

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the PSP's dead. Hasn't gotten an update in over two years.
thanks for the fast reply.

i really don't mind that it hasn't been updated. i just wanted to make sure that no matter what model amazon gave me (because it isn't specified), i could get the full potential out of it.
and for 100$, i don't think i could find a better handheld emulation device/portable console.

])RAG()N

Trophies
XP
Country
Today I got 2 second hand psp's for my kids one is the psp-2002 the other I'm not sure because the writing on the sticker is warn off,

I have followed the "6.60 PRO (temporary or permanent) installation" on the one that still has the psp-2002 on it,

But I have a problem. For some reason I can not copy any games to the memory stick.
When I plug the psp it into my pc it reads it and I can access the memory stick but when I try and copy a game over the transfer window stays up for ages and doesn't move until it closes then the psp is un-accessible.

If I take the memory stick out and put it in the unmodded psp I can copy the games over without any problems, and when I put the memory stick back in the modded one it will play the games no problems,

does anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...