How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Any reason why I click boot into normal CFW and it doesnt boot but if I boot normal CFW is sx it does it
    Also when I boot into atmos emummc the serial number is gone does that mean jts cfw and not normal

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Sounds strange to me. You can always look in system settings at your firmware version and if it's Atmosphère it should stand there next to it.

3. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok yea it does AMS next to the firmware version

lordelan likes this.
  4. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    I fixed it, the hekate.ini didn’t match as you had SX_OS and mine was just sxos. I changed mine to match, so problem solved.

lordelan likes this.
  5. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Well im back and I just found out that Im not running emummc its just regular atmosphere any ideas on how to fix it. Does it supposed to have the letter E at the end of it

6. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Does your atmosphere have an E and the end or does it just say the regular build under system information

7. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    The letter E at the end of your version means that you are currently in emummc.

8. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    But doesn't this tutorial allow you to run both sx emunand and atmos emummc

9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Yes.
    Atmo + emuMMC -> E at version end
    SX + emuMMC -> SX rommenu shows up by accessing album applet

10. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok well I mustve done something wrong again because when i boot into whats supposed to be atmos emummc it boots into regular atmos

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is there anything I can upload that you can take a look at to see where I mightve messed up at

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Did not follow your discussion here but to have one emuNAND working in both custom firmwares, you have to create it with SX OS (emuNAND partition based) and create this file:

sd:\emuMMC\emummc.ini

with the following content:

Code:
    [emummc]
    enabled = 1
    sector = 0x2
    nintendo_path = Emutendo

Given the fact that you use most recent Atmos and hekate (KOSMOS) of course.
    If you want to use your installed sysNAND games in the newly created emuNAND, rename
    sd:\Nintendo
    to
    sd:\Emutendo before your first emuMMC boot.

You can also have a look at my guide. Although it covers Ubuntu as well, it's good nevertheless to get to know how to setup an emuMMC for both CFWs:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/partition-based-emummc-and-l4t-ubuntu-on-the-same-sd-card.543956/
    Also take a loot into my hekate_ipl.ini there. ;)

12. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    well I already have emmunand partition based set up using sx os that's my main CFW as I started out with SX but I think it may have something to do with the emummc.ini file as when I saved the file the name I put it under was emummc.ini and once I boot into atmos Emmu the screen just goes black and that's it

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    So you never succeeded in booting into your emuNAND with Atmos?
    If so and if you can already use it with SX OS, just delete your sd:\emuMMC\ folder.
    Then create it freshly, put in a emummc.ini with the content I posted above and be sure to have such an entry somewhere in your sd:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini:

Code:
    [CFW (EMUMMC)]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    {}

14. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok Ill try that and correct I can boot into emmunand with sx fine but when I try to boot into emmuNAND with Atmos it just boots into regular Atmos without the E at the end

this is what I have and its still not working

this is what I have and its still not working

https://i.imgur.com/HzEQ4cA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Attached Files:

15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Umm, are you sure that it's not the emuNAND? Never looked for that "E" at the end tbh.
    Try changing the menu theme from black to white in SX emuNAND, then boot into Atmos emuNAND and see if it's white or black to be complete sure.

If you put the card in your PC, hit WINDOWS+R and enter diskmgmt.msc, what does it show you?
    Should be 29.1 GB unallocated space and a FAT32 partition afterwards, correct?

Last edited by lordelan, Aug 14, 2019
  16. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Yes it does say 29.1 unallocated and when I changed the theme from black to white on sx emunand atmosphere also changed from black to white. I thought I read somewhere that you should see an E at the end for the emuMMC with atmos maybe its only when your using atmosphere emuMMC by itself

17. ColinMacLaren

ColinMacLaren Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Chemnitz, Germany
    I have SXOS on hidden partition. I installed AtlasNX alongside, following this guide.
    Everything is working fine, except my games.

I dumped my games in SX OS with SX dumper to XCI, then installed them to the SD Card with SX Installer. When trying to run the games in atmosphere I recieve "An error has occured" a couple of seconds after starting the game.

18. wikdclown

wikdclown Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    If using emunand can I boot into ofw and download purchased games and restore saves with minimal risk of being banned? Or do you have to reflash the clean nand back?
    It's a virgin switch that has never had hacks on it and has clean nand.

19. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    On a virgin Switch:
    Make a NAND backup (just in case). Create emuNAND. Use hekate to boot into stock sysNAND or CFW emuNAND.
    Use sysNAND to play online with legit games. Use emuNAND for anything else.

Edit: Obviously keep emuNAND offline or use 90DNS or incognito.

20. wasney

wasney Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Hey there, wondering if you can pass on some advice. Following your posts I've gotten it to the point I can open my SXOS emunand in Atmosphere, but like Colin above I can't open stuff. I also noticed the replacer shortcuts aren't working either, so I can't get into any Homebrew, which is the whole reason I wanted atmosphere since I want to backup my saves to switch to a larger SD card.

Any tips?