1. novalkun

novalkun GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    i have created emuMMC with atmosphere. does everyone know how to setup emunand (SXOS) with existing emuMMC (partition based) ?

2. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    So... I can't tell if the Windows users have figured this out yet, so I did it that way instead of taking the easy way out (Ubuntu in a VM).

First, and foremost, after starting the partition-based emunand, I clicked Start-> right-clicked "This PC" -> Click "Manage" -> then Disk Management.

AFTER that, I inserted my reader with the SD card. In the BOTTOM list, both partitions were listed next to "Disk 3". I grabbed DD from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd, as CoreUtils worked for getting the 1024.bin, but would not work for writing to the SD.

Open a command prompt as Administrator and use the following command:

dd bs=512 if=\\.\physicaldisk3 of=1024.bin skip=0 count=2

Follow the OP to combine the files with copy /b, then (adjust for your own path):

dd if=D:\emunand\completeemummc.bin of=\\.\physicaldrive3 bs=2M conv=noerror,notrunc
    (the M in 2M must be capitol)

Thanks OP!

EDIT: The 1024.bin is filled largely with zeros, with some text in the middle. Can someone verify your crc32 to see if it's the same as mine? If it is, we can simply post it here to avoid a step, because there is clearly nothing copyrighted in there... My CRC32 is: 7FE4942C

Last edited by urherenow, Apr 24, 2020
  3. lilithx

lilithx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok I started with sx os with a hidden partition emunand. since i was using sx os emunand and using sysnand online i skipped the first part of tutorial. and since i already had a hidden partition i skipped the second step and went to copy files. I downloaded atmosphere and hekate files to root of sd, put payloads into the bootloader payloads folder. then i created the emuMMC folder and put in the new emummc.ini in it.

[emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x2
    path=Emutendo
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=Emutendo

i also skipped the last step transfer because it says skip if youre using hidden partition.
    then from hekates main menu i merged emunand. (i see now maybe i should not have done this). but then moved my emutendo folder and renamed it as mentioned above i think. i went on my sd card to the new emuMMC/ER00 folder and renamed the Nintendo folder in there to Emutendo and moved it to the root of my sd card where it used to be. Hekate had also changed the emummc.ini so i rewrote it back to what i have above. THEN i relaunch hekate and emunand is disabled again, but i can click on it under the 'change emunand' option and it is listed as the first SD card slot. (no other sd card slot options or file options there). so emunand is back on in Hekate. i can load sx os fine in hekate by going to payloads and it launches in emunand like normal. but when i try to launch atmosphere by clicking its payload i get the splash screens for it and then black screen. i do not have kosmos, just atmosphere, hekate, and sxos.

i've tried: using hekate to fix archive bit since im using a mac and its still not working.

where am i going wrong?

Last edited by lilithx, May 2, 2020
  4. Ichigo1990

Ichigo1990 Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    emunand in atmospehre 12 work??
    how?

emunand sd files sx os not emummc or hidden emunand

Last edited by Ichigo1990, Jun 14, 2020
  5. uriel831

uriel831 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a video walkthrough on doing this? I have sx os emunand on the sd card.

6. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    is there a way to do this without dd commands, because i dont have linux, and id rather not have to leave it for 14 hours

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

dd command isnt working, it just enters the text twice when i press enter

can somone please make a video on this, i have no clue whats wrong, and i cant find anything on this crap, it just duplicates the text when i press enter, i put in dd bs=512 if=/dev/disk2 of=1014.bin skip=0 count=2 and it does absolutely jack.

how do you use that dd program, its not doing anything for me.

using Cygwin64 terminal, and now its saying the directory doesnt exist

found another way to do it, for future reference id recomened using E
    muTools, it can be used to switch between all version of emunand on sx and atmosphere

Last edited by SexiestManAlive, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:47 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, EmuMMC, setup