Tutorial  Updated

How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

The tutorial is more like
Setup EmuMMC, From SX to Atmosphere and keep using the both worlds.
If the moderator by any chance to come here, could you please change the title? Thanks.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

There is always at least a risk to get you banned or unlikely to brick your Switch.

YOU'RE AT YOUR OWN RISK
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR BAN.

You can use your current setup of SX's Emunand (hidden partition on the SD) to boot Atmosphere's Emummc using this tutorial. This will be considered as dual emunand booting. Take advantage of the both worlds.

CLEAN UP SYSNAND
> Skip this step if you're using SX's Emunand and being online on Sysnand.
> If you didn't have any previous clean nand backup before
You have no choice here to clean up a dirty nand without a clean nand backup but to believe in this method
> Stop here if you don't want to hurt yourself or even me

Skip this step if your Switch is a brand new one or never ever been hacked.

Access NAND using PC

What you will need
- biskeydump
https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv8.zip
Run the payload and write down (or scan QRCode) Bis Key 2
BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS

- memloader
https://files.sshnuke.net/memloaderv2.zip
Copy *.* in [sample] folder to SD and plug it in the Switch
Run the payload [memloader.bin]
Unplug any USB cable
> Choose emmc line
> Plug USB C <> USB A cable to the Switch and PC

- HacDiskMount
https://files.sshnuke.net/HacDiskMount1055.zip
Run the tool under Administrator permission
> Open Physical Disk > Choose Linux line
> Double click on SYSTEM and fill BisKeys2 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Test] > you will get OK! Entropy
> From Drive Letter table > Choose a drive disk, N for example.
> Press on [Mount]
Install driver if needed.
Acess N drive from My Computer
> access save folder
> delete all files inside the save folder except 8000000000000120
> Press on [Unmount]

> Double click on USER and fill BisKeys3 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 3 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 3 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Test] > you will get OK! Entropy
> From Drive Letter table > Choose a drive disk, N for example.
> Press on [Mount]
Install driver if needed.
Acess N drive from My Computer and Delete Everything
> Press on [Unmount] and unplug the USB cable

> Press on [Power] button for 15s or so to reboot the system​

> After rebooting, the system will be in initial setup stage.

CREATE EMUNAND AS HIDDEN PARTITION ON SD
> If you're SX Users and have been using their Emunand as hidden partition, just skip this step, go to COPY FILES
> Take advantage of SX Emunand creator (without valid license needed)
> Your SD will be formatted, backup your savedata and other data are needed.

Before creating emunand > Ensure you did delete all WIFI connections and turned on Airplane / Flight mode

Go to SX website > download their latest boot.dat > copy to the root of your SD
Download payload.bin for activating payload via your chosen tools

SX OS Bootloader Menu
> Options
> EmuNAND
> Create EmuNAND
> Hidden Partition on microSD

You will get "successfully done"

COPY FILES
Go to Atmosphere GitHub and download the latest release 0.9.0 and extract all files/ folders to the root of your SD

Create > emummc folder on the root of the SD

Create > emummc.ini file inside of emummc folder

Copy and paste this to emummc.ini

[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
emummc_sector = 0x2
emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo <<< delete this line if you're not SX Users or don't want to keep using SX as your primary CFW

I got banned from ReSwitched discord because of Emutendo word. I'd like to help someone out but ended up in unexpected way. But it's okay.

Hope this will help out.
Enjoy!

Last edited by thaikhoa,

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have created emuMMC with atmosphere. does everyone know how to setup emunand (SXOS) with existing emuMMC (partition based) ?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I can't tell if the Windows users have figured this out yet, so I did it that way instead of taking the easy way out (Ubuntu in a VM).

First, and foremost, after starting the partition-based emunand, I clicked Start-> right-clicked "This PC" -> Click "Manage" -> then Disk Management.

AFTER that, I inserted my reader with the SD card. In the BOTTOM list, both partitions were listed next to "Disk 3". I grabbed DD from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd, as CoreUtils worked for getting the 1024.bin, but would not work for writing to the SD.

Open a command prompt as Administrator and use the following command:

dd bs=512 if=\\.\physicaldisk3 of=1024.bin skip=0 count=2

Follow the OP to combine the files with copy /b, then (adjust for your own path):

dd if=D:\emunand\completeemummc.bin of=\\.\physicaldrive3 bs=2M conv=noerror,notrunc
(the M in 2M must be capitol)

Thanks OP!

EDIT: The 1024.bin is filled largely with zeros, with some text in the middle. Can someone verify your crc32 to see if it's the same as mine? If it is, we can simply post it here to avoid a step, because there is clearly nothing copyrighted in there... My CRC32 is: 7FE4942C

Last edited by urherenow,

lilithx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I started with sx os with a hidden partition emunand. since i was using sx os emunand and using sysnand online i skipped the first part of tutorial. and since i already had a hidden partition i skipped the second step and went to copy files. I downloaded atmosphere and hekate files to root of sd, put payloads into the bootloader payloads folder. then i created the emuMMC folder and put in the new emummc.ini in it.

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=Emutendo
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

i also skipped the last step transfer because it says skip if youre using hidden partition.
then from hekates main menu i merged emunand. (i see now maybe i should not have done this). but then moved my emutendo folder and renamed it as mentioned above i think. i went on my sd card to the new emuMMC/ER00 folder and renamed the Nintendo folder in there to Emutendo and moved it to the root of my sd card where it used to be. Hekate had also changed the emummc.ini so i rewrote it back to what i have above. THEN i relaunch hekate and emunand is disabled again, but i can click on it under the 'change emunand' option and it is listed as the first SD card slot. (no other sd card slot options or file options there). so emunand is back on in Hekate. i can load sx os fine in hekate by going to payloads and it launches in emunand like normal. but when i try to launch atmosphere by clicking its payload i get the splash screens for it and then black screen. i do not have kosmos, just atmosphere, hekate, and sxos.

i've tried: using hekate to fix archive bit since im using a mac and its still not working.

where am i going wrong?

Last edited by lilithx,

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRANSFER SX'S EMUNAND AS FILES TO ATMOSPHERE EMUMMC AND KEEP USING THE TWO
> This part is for emunand as files on SD to transfer to SD hidden partition. Skip this if you're using hidden partition.

Temperately create emunand
> Your SD will be formatted, backup your savedata and other data are needed.

From SX OS Bootloader Menu
> Options
> EmuNAND
> Create EmuNAND
> Hidden Partition on microSD
Press cancel as soon as you see 1%.
> Power off the Switch

Extract the first 1024 bytes (1024.bin) from the SD using dd command line

You will get 1024.bin

Merge everything for completeemummc.bin
> emunand on files should be a full size nand

SX's Emunand as files on SD will be in sxos\emunand\

The files will be

Windows

Mac OS

You will get completeemummc.bin

Inject completeemummc.bin back to the hidden partition on the SD using dd command lines
Only on Mac OS

Windows

Enjoy!
is there a way to do this without dd commands, because i dont have linux, and id rather not have to leave it for 14 hours

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dd command isnt working, it just enters the text twice when i press enter

can somone please make a video on this, i have no clue whats wrong, and i cant find anything on this crap, it just duplicates the text when i press enter, i put in dd bs=512 if=/dev/disk2 of=1014.bin skip=0 count=2 and it does absolutely jack.

So... I can't tell if the Windows users have figured this out yet, so I did it that way instead of taking the easy way out (Ubuntu in a VM).

First, and foremost, after starting the partition-based emunand, I clicked Start-> right-clicked "This PC" -> Click "Manage" -> then Disk Management.

AFTER that, I inserted my reader with the SD card. In the BOTTOM list, both partitions were listed next to "Disk 3". I grabbed DD from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd, as CoreUtils worked for getting the 1024.bin, but would not work for writing to the SD.

Open a command prompt as Administrator and use the following command:

dd bs=512 if=\\.\physicaldisk3 of=1024.bin skip=0 count=2

Follow the OP to combine the files with copy /b, then (adjust for your own path):

dd if=D:\emunand\completeemummc.bin of=\\.\physicaldrive3 bs=2M conv=noerror,notrunc
(the M in 2M must be capitol)

Thanks OP!

EDIT: The 1024.bin is filled largely with zeros, with some text in the middle. Can someone verify your crc32 to see if it's the same as mine? If it is, we can simply post it here to avoid a step, because there is clearly nothing copyrighted in there... My CRC32 is: 7FE4942C
how do you use that dd program, its not doing anything for me.

using Cygwin64 terminal, and now its saying the directory doesnt exist

found another way to do it, for future reference id recomened using E
muTools, it can be used to switch between all version of emunand on sx and atmosphere

Last edited by SexiestManAlive,

beefsquatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to finally get atmosphere to boot up pointing to my emmunand created from the hidden partition configuration from sxos with the following emummc/emummc.ini:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=Emutendo
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

however, when i try to launch a game in atmosphere that was installed while in sxos using goldleaf, each game errors out -- do i need to reinstall each game all over again? i thought it should just work out of the box

Reactions: blueoval24

beefsquatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those following this thread i finally got my ducks in an order:

- i kept my emummc.init as listed in the previous post
- issue #1: i didn't have the latest sigpatches installed for atmosphere. here's the thread that had the latest version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere.567542/
- issue #2: i had .xci installed games that didn't work on atmosphere but did on sxos - i had to convert these into .nsp

the process for issue #2 was:
- extract my device keys using lockpick: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM
- convert my .xci files to .nsp and sign them with my device keys using 4nxci: https://github.com/The-4n/4NXCI/issues/1

note that the link for 4nxci is specifically for a macos compatible version of the converter since i run macos. the main github page has the converter for other machines.

after i addressed both issues, i can now successfully use both cfws and one emunand & enjoying all my games.

best of luck

Dymblos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello
I'm tyring to use the SX OS emunand with Atmosphere

I already create the folder with the ini
[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

After doing that I boot the Switch with Hekate to verify if the Emunand is Enabled! (previously was Disabled!)

02a.jpg

Until there.. all ok, then I boot the CFW (emuMMC)..This should boot the Emunand Created with SX OS

04a.jpg

Then this.. :wacko:

03a.jpg

I told myself.. holy shit.. i screwup the emunand :cry:... after shutdown the switch i boot the switch with the SX OS and everything was ok :ph34r:.. emunand is safe with all the games

Then I try again but this time I boot with the Atmosphere payload (fusee-primary.bin).. and I get this error

01a.jpg

What I'm doing wrong? :huh:

Last edited by Dymblos,
D

Deleted User

Are you using an SD card partition for your EmuMMC? It is unclear
And what size is your SD card?

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your Atmosphere configuration for EmuMMC is for a partition, not a file: remove "sector" line and configure an appropriate "path" line (pointing to the folder which contains your EmuMMC files).

Last edited by OperationNT,

bradman117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have formatted my sd card as FAT32,
From my sx core chip I chose the hidden partition process.
Commands I used from dd.

dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk3\Partition0 of=first1024.bin bs=1024 count=1

copy /b first1024.bin + boot0.bin + boot1.bin + full.00.bin + full.01.bin + full.02.bin + full.03.bin + full.04.bin + full.05.bin + full.06.bin + full.07.bin emunand.bin

if=emunand.bin of=\\?\Device\Harddisk3\Partition0 bs=2M --progress

These 3 commands worked, I then copied the latest atmosphere files over (I've never used atmosphere so could be setting it up wrong).
I copied over primary fusee, then made then made this folder and file:

Create > emummc folder on the root of the SD

Create > emummc.ini file inside of emummc folder

Copy and paste this to emummc.ini

[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
emummc_sector = 0x2
emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

I added my sx os, Emutendo, switch files back to the sdcard I used for SX OS

I get an error when I try booting atmosphere, I forget exactly what it says but It was something about trying to boot into atmo

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by bradman117,

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
As a side note, I just found out a tool named NxNandManager from eliboa (It's on GitHub).
It can full dump and restore from file and hidden partiion. Sounds promising!
I'll test it and, if it doesn't work, I'll try this tutorial again but on Mac.
Have you been able to transfer an emuNAND on file to a partition with NxNandManager?

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you been able to transfer an emuNAND on file to a partition with NxNandManager?
Yup!
Just "join" all the files with "copy /b boot0 + boot1 + file1 + file2 + ... + fileN", then use NxNandManager to "restore" hat unique file to your partition.
If I'm not mistaken, that's the copy syntax you should use!

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how would the .ini file would have to be if have emunnad sxos but normal , i didnt make de emutendo as hideen its normal

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello
I'm tyring to use the SX OS emunand with Atmosphere

I already create the folder with the ini
[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x2
nintendo_path = Emutendo

After doing that I boot the Switch with Hekate to verify if the Emunand is Enabled! (previously was Disabled!)

View attachment 222138

Until there.. all ok, then I boot the CFW (emuMMC)..This should boot the Emunand Created with SX OS

View attachment 222137

Then this.. :wacko:

View attachment 222136

I told myself.. holy shit.. i screwup the emunand :cry:... after shutdown the switch i boot the switch with the SX OS and everything was ok :ph34r:.. emunand is safe with all the games

Then I try again but this time I boot with the Atmosphere payload (fusee-primary.bin).. and I get this error

View attachment 222139

What I'm doing wrong? :huh:
I got the same message becuase my emunand is not on a hidden partition, theres no update yet for be able tu run on a non hidden partition ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.