How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

thaikhoa Jun 16, 2019.

1. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Did you create your emuNAND with SX OS? Partition based?
    Then look at the end of the first post here to find what to put inside the emummc.ini in order to launch the SX OS emuNAND from hekate/Atmo as well:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/partition-based-emummc-and-l4t-ubuntu-on-the-same-sd-card.543956

And DON'T use the migrate feature in hekate.
    Just create your emuNAND with SX OS, adjust the ini as said above and it will just work when booting into it from hekate. :)
    I'm using mine from SX OS and Atmo and it's working just fine.

2. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    See my edit. :P

4. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok about to look at it now

5. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    So All I have to do is just put that code into the .ini and then add the atmosphere files on my sd card and that's it Ill be able to run both with no issue sorry for acting like a dunce

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Don't worry. Better ask twice. ;)
    Atmosphère alone won't be enough I guess. Go with KOSMOS. It includes Hekate 5.x + NYX which should already have a launch icon under the LAUNCH menu to get into eMMC with CFW (which would be Atmospère in this case).
    If you want to add SX OS to hekate as well, download their payload.bin (here), rename it to sxos.bin and place it here:
    sd:\bootloader\payloads\

Then add this section to your sd:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini:

Code:
    [SX OS]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin

dudephanith and v18281 like this.
  7. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok so let me make sure I did it correct I placed the atmos folder, switch, sept, and hbmenu.nro, emummc, and fuse primary bin all on the root of my sd card. Then do I turn on my switch which will go to the sx screen since Im running sx emmunand and the do I hit options or do I hit boot into custom FW? If I boot into custom FW do I click reboot to payload?

Last edited by Krayziezay13, Aug 2, 2019
  8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Did you use KOSMOS as I told you? There should be a bootloader folder as well. Also a hekate payload which you should use as your default payload as you can boot into SX OS from within hekate if you add it to the ini as I wrote above. :)

But in SX OS bootmenu (hold VOL+ on boot to get there while launching SX OS) you should make sure that it says "emuNAND enabled" at the top left. :)

Then you do what I wrote and basically use hekate to launch everything:
    - sysNAND (with no CFW to play online)
    - emuMMC CFW (emuNAND with Atmosphère)
    - SX OS (emuNAND with SX OS to enjoy your external HDD)
    - sysNAND CFW (in case you would want to backup some savegames with Checkpoint)

Powerful likes this.
  9. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Nope Im missing the bootloader folder and where would I find KOSMOS

10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
  11. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok now I got the screen to where I can choose between anything with hekate now I just gotta add sx back so that I can boot into sx if I need to. If I boot into emuMMC will my games from sx automatically move over also if I boot into emuMMC how would it take to start. I hit emuMMC but nothing happened at all just a blank screen

Last edited by Krayziezay13, Aug 2, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  12. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Also if there is a way I can send you the folders that I have or a screenshot of what's in it maybe thatll help out as well

13. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok I think I finally got it to work it had something to do with the emummc.ini I guess I opened the wrong text editor. I booted Atmos but how do I know for sure that its the emunand version of atmos

lordelan likes this.
  14. switchalex

switchalex Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    Sorry to bother you, I’m looking to move from Sx to atmo, I’m only going to bring save files over and just use nsp’s and emmu of atmosphere , do I just need too :

1: Use Sx Os to delete current emmunand , then format sd after moving what im taking from it

2: follow this guide to install atmo https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

3: Create a new emmu with atmosphere

4: Happy times? I’m cautious about potential conflicts I may not know about so wanted to clarify this is how to cleanly transition

15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    When "moving" over from SX OS to Atmo you literally just put KOSMOS and the patches I linked on the SD and use the included hekate hekate payload. Be sure to adjust the sd:\emuMMC\emummc.ini just as I wrote so it points to the emuNAND that SX OS created. You can use that one in Atmo and don't need to delete it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Safest thing is to boot sysNAND (from hekate payload) and change theme to white. Then boot emuNAND and change theme to black so you know in which you are currently. ;)

16. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    I hit boot Stock (SYSNAND) for hekate and the switch does nothing but cut off but when I choose the atmos emummc it boots and when I go to look for the serial information it doesn't show my serial number so I guess its still in incognito mode

Last edited by Krayziezay13, Aug 3, 2019
  17. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    One question, I setup mine the exact same. Only thing is when I click launch then sx os it reboots to hekate. If I go to payloads it’ll boot proper though. Atmosphere launches through the launch menu, and so does emummc linked to Emutendo. Only thing that doesn’t work is sx os. How do I fix this?

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You've got an SX OS licence, right?
    Then basically all you do is download the most recent SX OS beta from here (which is a boot.dat) and the SX Loader (which is a payload.bin):
    https://sx.xecuter.com
    The boot.dat goes to your SD root, the payload.bin goes to sd:\bootloader\payloads\ and there renamed to sxos.bin

If it reboots to hekate, most likely your sxos.bin is not named correctly or it is spelled wrong in your hekate_ipl.ini so post that one here please so I can have a look if it's still not working. ;)

19. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I have the license on the newest version. I have all that setup properly. Renamed it only in payloads. I copied your custom hekate.ini from your post, so I am not too sure on that.

lordelan likes this.
  20. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Tell me the exact name of the sxos payload in sd:\bootloader\payloads\
    and then post the content of the sd:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini here in SPOILER and CODE tags. :)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted