How to set USBLoaderGX to rip games in iso

ToothyNom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Last week I finally managed to hack my ol' Wii. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. This week, I am in the process of backing up most of my Wii game library, however, all of the games are in a 4.7Gb .wbfs format. Is there a way to make USBLoaderGX rip games in 4.7Gb .iso formats? You could argue there are some benefits of having .wbfs, smaller size mainly. In this case, since the file size is already 4.7Gb I'd rather have .iso just to make sure it's a 1:1 copy of my disk. I know I could use various programs to convert .wbfs to .iso but the perseverance of 1:1 copy is questionable in my opinion. I looked through most of the USBLoaderGX settings and couldn't find one related to format. Is there a way to rip games in .iso with USBLoaderGX or should I use something else?

Regards
- Toothy

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If your hdd is formatted as fat32, it cannot store files greater than 4gb no matter what you do. And if it's formatted as ntfs, then writing is not recommended as it's not super stable and could corrupt data on the hard drive.

You could look into using clean rip, I'm not sure if it supports ntfs / iso's but it's your best bet. If writing to ntfs make sure you have any important data backed up in case it gets corrupted somehow.

Honestly I would just stick to wbfs if I were you

Reactions: ToothyNom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night