How to send friend requests on stam without having to spend 5 dollars first?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's their rules so if you really wanna add people then just buy something for five bucks. Not saying right away, wait for a sale and then buy a couple of games.

I've bought a bunch and am embarrassed to admit I've not played or haven't finished them.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask the person to send you a friend request instead.

If both accounts are limited, then one person will need to spend at least $5. You can add $5 to the wallet without buying anything right away and it will count.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the only user to ever purchase something off of steam and not playing it. No one else does that.
Part of the reason I've not played them too often is because sitting down and looking at a monitor isn't ideal in comparison to a couch, but I'll eventually buy a Steam Deck and that's a 2-in-1.

Reactions: hippy dave

LingFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
(this is what I mean)
I saw people saying that they can already send friend requests without spending money first
In short: You can't.

The real way would be if you have a way to talk to them both ingame or through other means and tell them to send you a friend request. "Free"/non-premium accounts can't send friend requests but can accept them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol