How to search filetrip

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I search filetrip I see many irrelevant links and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong! Cause it seems like everytime I use the website it is hard to find what im lookingf for!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm not sure its issues so much as the fact that there are just so many files on filetrip. people expect that 1 file to be found exactly and they often don't realize the amount of coding it would take to make that happen. search engines can be confusing to code because you have to try to take into account everything anyone will throw at it.

i find that i'm often going through query results to find the exact file i want, but digging a few pages in doesn't really bother me all that much. =P

-another world

kidcash37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i'm not sure its issues so much as the fact that there are just so many files on filetrip. people expect that 1 file to be found exactly and they often don't realize the amount of coding it would take to make that happen. search engines can be confusing to code because you have to try to take into account everything anyone will throw at it.

i find that i'm often going through query results to find the exact file i want, but digging a few pages in doesn't really bother me all that much. =P

-another world
Exactly! I mean their is simply to amny files. Dont get me wrong filetrip is useful but its practially homebrew overload! Lol

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
lecture.gif
Any time I'm dealing with a site that has a crap search engine, I just use Google in in a unique (but common sense) way. For example, type "filetrip phidias" in Google's search field.* Works like a charm -- I've used it several times on Filetrip.

3rd result a hit, bam!

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
lecture.gif
Any time I'm dealing with a site that has a crap search engine, I just use Google in in a unique (but common sense) way. For example, type "filetrip phidias" in Google's search field.* Works like a charm -- I've used it several times on Filetrip.

3rd result a hit, bam!

Use site:filetrip.net phidias insted.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
It's probably possible.
I've noticed chrome can already search filetrip (enter filetrip.net as URL and press TAB)
As long as the site has a search bar (probably in some way or another powered by Google) on the front page, Chrome will allow to search the site immediately by merely pressing tab (which is incredibly useful combined with the other feature that automatically types in the URL for you), I think.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Overlord Nadrian said:
tj_cool said:
It's probably possible.
I've noticed chrome can already search filetrip (enter filetrip.net as URL and press TAB)
As long as the site has a search bar (probably in some way or another powered by Google) on the front page, Chrome will allow to search the site immediately by merely pressing tab (which is incredibly useful combined with the other feature that automatically types in the URL for you), I think.
Actually it's not needed to have a search thingy on the front page. Chrome will add the search when you used it on the site it seems (it basically remembers the search engine).
You can add them manually in options > basics > manage button (After "Default search").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night