Hacking How to salvage my .cia saves from Gateway?

DeeeFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently converted to A9LH/Luma3DS using Plailect's guide. I followed the guide exactly, and everything went smoothly. I am now booting into CFW, and installing .cia titles works flawlessly. However, I am unable to use my old saves from before (back when I was still using gateway). Before following Plailect's guide, I was using the GW red cart with a 4.2.0 O3DSXL, booting into a 10.xx emuNAND. This emuNAND was where all my .cia titles were installed on, and I assume the saves were as well. I did make a complete copy of all of the contents of my SD card before doing the A9LH conversion process, and that backup is on my PC, with all the original contents of the SD card from before the process started (I'm guessing that all the game data along with their saves were stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the root of the SD card). I thought that I would be able to simply copy back all these contents onto the SD card after A9LH/Luma3DS was installed and simply have everything show up and working again, with saves, but unfortunately that wasn't the case (now I utterly regret not exporting those saves with savedatafiler). Nothing shows up, and when going into savedatafiler, no titles show up, so I can't re-export those saves. My goal is to somehow salvage those save data and be able to use them again with my current setup. I don't mind having to re-install the .cia titles again, so long as my old saves can be used again. Since I have a complete copy/backup of the contents of the SD card from before following Plailect's guide, there must be some way to uncover those save data from within the card, is there not? Any help is appreciated. I can provide further information if necessary.

DeeeFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like to throw the app 'JKSaveManager', so you should try that, I suppose.
Thanks for replying. I actually did try using that. However, just like with savedatafiler, my .cia titles from before don't show up in there, even with the original "Nintendo 3DS" folder copied to the root of the SD card. Any other suggestions?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I recently converted to A9LH/Luma3DS using Plailect's guide. I followed the guide exactly, and everything went smoothly. I am now booting into CFW, and installing .cia titles works flawlessly. However, I am unable to use my old saves from before (back when I was still using gateway). Before following Plailect's guide, I was using the GW red cart with a 4.2.0 O3DSXL, booting into a 10.xx emuNAND. This emuNAND was where all my .cia titles were installed on, and I assume the saves were as well. I did make a complete copy of all of the contents of my SD card before doing the A9LH conversion process, and that backup is on my PC, with all the original contents of the SD card from before the process started (I'm guessing that all the game data along with their saves were stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the root of the SD card). I thought that I would be able to simply copy back all these contents onto the SD card after A9LH/Luma3DS was installed and simply have everything show up and working again, with saves, but unfortunately that wasn't the case (now I utterly regret not exporting those saves with savedatafiler). Nothing shows up, and when going into savedatafiler, no titles show up, so I can't re-export those saves. My goal is to somehow salvage those save data and be able to use them again with my current setup. I don't mind having to re-install the .cia titles again, so long as my old saves can be used again. Since I have a complete copy/backup of the contents of the SD card from before following Plailect's guide, there must be some way to uncover those save data from within the card, is there not? Any help is appreciated. I can provide further information if necessary.
Try deleting the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copying the backup on again, to make sure there aren't any conflicts.

DeeeFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copying the backup on again, to make sure there aren't any conflicts.
Thanks for replying. I have done this before. I basically deleted the entirety of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on my SD card, then copied and pasted the entirety of my backup of my old "Nintendo 3DS" folder onto the card, with no luck. Thanks though

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's a problem with encryption from pre-7.x to post-7.x. I believe JKSM has an option to re-encrypt saves so they work after updating past 7.x. You might have to create an emuNAND and downgrade it to 4.x to be able to access those saves so you can fix them.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

DeeeFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with encryption from pre-7.x to post-7.x. I believe JKSM has an option to re-encrypt saves so they work after updating past 7.x. You might have to create an emuNAND and downgrade it to 4.x to be able to access those saves so you can fix them.
The firmware version of the emuNAND was 10.x when I last used the red Gateway cart before starting Plailect's A9LH procedure. Or are you talking about the sysNAND? That aside, is there a way to access those save data without messing with either NAND? I mean, the raw files are technically still there in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on my PC, is there any way I can work with that with my current setup? Thanks

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're booting into the same Emunand (and if you're using updated sysnand, that you restored the correct one)? Cia saves are not affected by the 7.x encryption, and are irrelevant if your games aren't showing up.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Are you sure you're booting into the same Emunand (and if you're using updated sysnand, that you restored the correct one)? Cia saves are not affected by the 7.x encryption, and are irrelevant if your games aren't showing up.
Thanks wasn't aware of that. Will add to my knowledge store

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1