How to restore MT Card Nand Backup?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xelnok, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Xelnok
    OP

Xelnok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    I used the MT card tool to backup my 9.4 emuNand and was wondering how i would go about restoring that backup to the SD card after updating to 9.5 emuNand?

Thanks

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
  3. Xelnok
    OP

Xelnok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    I used the Mt card tool to back up the nand and then used it to format the emunand, am out of luck in restoring the back up mt card nand? Could I use the emunand tool somehow with it?

I.E. I have a formatted emunand and I'm not sure if the Mt card backup works with the tool.

Thanks

4. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    you should be able to inject if if you change your header to GATEWAYNAND and inject it with emunand tool

5. Xelnok
    OP

Xelnok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    It worked but it looks like the nand backed up was my 4.2 nand instead of the emunand, which I can't access after formatting it.

Any way to manually update emunand to 9.2 to 9.4? I want to avoid the latest update that blocks the browser exploit if possible.

6. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    you can use UPDATE CDN
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/375993/

Then you need to follow these steps
    https://gbatemp.net/posts/5363898/

And then follow these steps
    https://gbatemp.net/posts/5210254

make sure to use the latest devmenu and install all cia's

7. Xelnok
    OP

Xelnok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the replies.

What i have been trying to do is update my pokemon alpha sapphire game (cartridge) that i just bought, (which needs the latest firmware to update), and then reinject my 9.2 firmware keeping the installed update so i can continue to use the browser exploit along with GTS access. I have managed to get it to work with my eshop Y copy of the game, but after updating the game in 9.5, when i inject the 9.2 emunand it still asks for an update for AS even after copying over a backup of the 9.5 emunand sd card.

Any ideas how to update a cartridge game and then go to a lower firmware using that update?

Thanks again.

8. LameNobody

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    look for a .cia version of the update
    you should be able to find one on the internet

9. Xelnok
    OP

Xelnok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Any solutions without a 3ds flashcard? If anything i can always create pokemon in my 9.2 emunand and update the firmware to battle, and if i ever need anything new i can reinject 9.2 to create them and upgrade again to battle, its just a lot more work doing that than being able to battle on 9.2.

Either way thanks for the replies.