Hacking How to reinstall homebew channel

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i backed up the nand on the wii i'm working on i used Wainiko's 4.2 updater. It turned homebrew channel upside down. I deleted it and tried to reinstall it says hackmii installer can not continue no vulnerable ios. I tried to restore the nand but it says the nand is from another wii. Strange, uh how would i go about getting homebrew back?

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why it says the nand is from another wii? If i can't get homebrew channel on there my hope is to go back to before i ran the updater another idea is directly starting dop ios or TBR with bannerbomb would that work?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The "NAND from another Wii" bug was with an older version of BootMii and has been fixed recently. After you fix HBC, make sure you have the latest version of BootMii, then make a new backup.
smile.gif

And yes, you can run any homebrew directly from bannerbomb.

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been around long enough to know how to use search. When you search and find twenty or so topics about something similar or not the same you give up on looking through the topics and make your own and hey look it worked and i got my answer.....thanks for nothing.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not long enough....

JUST LIKE THE POSTER JDbye said.... omg i found it searching the forums.

Did you read it? DID YOU FREAKING READ IT? It fixes your problem. FORGOT THE NAND backup, run the Fing application, like I told you and when your HBC is back up and running.... install a new versions of bootmii that came with your hackinstaller (aka HBC 1.0.6 package), and make a new correct NAND backup.

Wynd

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get the hackmii installer to work, I just installed a non patched IOS61, then a nonpatched IOS36.

Then I ran the installer, and once everything was installed I installed a cIOScorp IOS36 again, and just left IOS61 alone, since there is no real reason to have it trucha patched anyway.

Of course, you do what you'd like with your IOS's. I was just saying how I got it to work alongside my cIOScorp install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: