How to play multi-disc PSP games on the PSP and PS Vita?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just look for a rom site thats got PSP roms, any roms that are multi-disc are all now one single file. However, if you meant mulitple PS1 discs into a single file that's totally different. Easy to do tho, so let me know if that was your question, because I've never seen a mult-disc PSP game.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just look for a rom site thats got PSP roms, any roms that are multi-disc are all now one single file. However, if you meant mulitple PS1 discs into a single file that's totally different. Easy to do tho, so let me know if that was your question, because I've never seen a mult-disc PSP game.

No, it was the former, and why and how did they merge them? If so, I won't be asked to insert Disc 2 if playing them?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
option 1 vita = Retroarch has a option to Swap the Disc 1 to Disc 2, its working with X-Files game it has 4 Discs. you can also use a MC tool to convert the Save File for a FIX to all other emulators for the vita, like emu4 vita. btw,
emu4 vita has no working Swap Option, so you have to go with Retroarch.

option 2 vita = for some games you can use the same Save-File to load the Disc 2, this will work for Syphon Filter 2 and Resident Evil 2. But it will not work for Metal Gear Solid or Parasite Eve or X-Files because it has a Swap In-Game.

option 3 vita = use a ISO BIN ''merger'' and than convert it to Eboot for Adrenalin (the most of them already released, but not X-Files), but this make only sense when you want to play Metal Gear in other languages like German or Italy France Spain.

@ The_Dizzy_Vizzy : there are tons multidisc psx games out there, Resident Evil 2 for example or Fear Effect
but the Eboot for Resi 2 has one problem that you dont have on the original version, you can not choose between disc 1 leon or disc 2 claire, it starts direct with leon.

Last edited by peter8,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
option 1 vita = Retroarch has a option to Swap the Disc 1 to Disc 2, its working with X-Files game it has 4 Discs. you can also use a MC tool to convert the Save File for a FIX to all other emulators for the vita, like emu4 vita. btw,

option 2 vita = for some games you can use the same Save-File to load the Disc 2, this will work for Syphon Filter 2 and Resident Evil 2. But it will not work for Metal Gear Solid or Parasite Eve or X-Files because it has a Swap In-Game.

option 3 vita = use a ISO BIN ''merger'' and than convert it to Eboot for Adrenalin (the most of them already released, but not X-Files), but this make only sense when you want to play Metal Gear in other languages like German or Italy France Spain.

@ The_Dizzy_Vizzy : there are tons multidisc psx games out there, Resident Evil 2 for example or Fear Effect
but the Eboot for Resi 2 has one problem that you dont have on the original version, you can not choose between disc 1 leon or disc 2 claire, it starts direct with leon.

What's emu4 vita? Can PS Vita's RetroArch play PSP games in the first place?

Are there PSP games in BIN format to begin with? Convert it to EBOOT.PBP or ISO? I don't use Adrenaline but ARK-4.

How to play multi-disc PSP games on the PSP?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PIDRO8 to the rescue!!!
banger.gif

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did not know that about RE2, but thanks, as I have it on my Vita just haven't played it yet...

And yes, there are tons of games on the PS1 that have multiple discs into a single .bin file, I then use PSX2PSP to create a multiple disc game so that you can switch discs when the game prompts you.

FFVII
Fear Effect
Fear Effect: Retro Helix
RE2
Colony Wars
Heart of Darkness the list goes on...

Here is an image of one of my foldlers on my PC demonstrating games that have more than one disc...

PSX2PSP-Mult-Disk-Boot.jpg

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did not know that about RE2, but thanks, as I have it on my Vita just haven't played it yet...

And yes, there are tons of games on the PS1 that have multiple discs into a single .bin file, I then use PSX2PSP to create a multiple disc game so that you can switch discs when the game prompts you.

FFVII
Fear Effect
Fear Effect: Retro Helix
RE2
Colony Wars
Heart of Darkness the list goes on...

Here is an image of one of my foldlers on my PC demonstrating games that have more than one disc...

View attachment 448846

Is it possible to play multi-disc PS1 games on the PSC, PS2, PS3, PSP and PS Vita just by combining BIN files with a program like CDMage?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play multi-disc PS1 games on the PSC, PS2, PS3, PSP and PS Vita just by combining BIN files with a program like CDMage?

Good question, however I regret to inform you that I only have a Vita out of all of the above platforms you've mentioned, so I have no way to confirm if it works on all of those. But yes I use both CDMage & PSX2PSP to make those multiple files work as one...

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you play your multi-disc PS1 games?

On my Vita with Adrenaline.
Post automatically merged:

Here is the other (2nd) video of how to create numbered discs for PS1 games using PSX2PSP- I know it's not what you're looking for but hope this helps, as it may lead you in the right direction...

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
On my Vita with Adrenaline.
Post automatically merged:

Here is the other (2nd) video of how to create numbered discs for PS1 games using PSX2PSP- I know it's not what you're looking for but hope this helps, as it may lead you in the right direction...

Does Adrenaline have a setting to swap discs for PSP games?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ The_Dizzy_Vizzy : yeah exactly, fear effect has 4 discs and just swap it with emulator that can do it. Resident Evil 2 is a original Sony Eboot from Store on that way, so its not a self made pirated copy.

MERGING a bin or iso file is a very bad and outdated way, just find a correct emulator to Swap the ISO or BIN Image instead of merging the Image.
because it dont work on all PSX games and very bad the Image is NOT Untouched anymore.

Even when you dislike Retroarch, just use it to create a Fix Save fIle for swapping, because, only Retroarch can do this on the VITA currently.

@ Rictor : hmmm, with PC emulator it should be easy to use the SAVE-File from the End of Disc 1 and copy the Data files to the Folder for Disc 2 and it should work. Otherwise you must mostly on PC Emualtor use the option MOUNT ISO Disc 2....

@ Windows_10_User : hmm, I was misunderstand you, I was think you only ask for PSX multidisc games. For PSP I am unsure for Vita, I dont have any PSP Image that have multidiscs so I dont know. Retroarch is only usefull for PSX Swap and not for PSP. For PSP only you need Adrenalin on Vita.
You have right, there are only ISO images for PSP games, no BIN Image. Bin or img is for PSX. When you see a PSP game dumped in BIN than you know you have a bad dump.
Otherwise the same, try to use the Save file from End of Disc 1 and copy the data files to the Disc 2 folder. But the game need for that exactly a save point on the end, so Disc 2 can read it.
Do not combining BIN files, the Image is not untouched anymore, use a way to Swap the Disc with a usefull emulator.

YES, PS2 can also swap any Image, I am do it with FreeMCBoot and VCD POPS over HDD. For PS3 you have Pirated PSN Copys and you can use copy save date files over multiman.

My setting on PS2 FMCB VCD POPS over HDD + SWAP Multidisc

- create DISCS.TXT
Line :
Metal Gear Solid PSX PAL German Disc 1.VCD
Metal Gear Solid PSX PAL German Disc 2.VCD
- Controll :
open Drive SELECT + L2 + R2 + /_\
CD1 SELECT + L" + R2 + up
CD2 '' right
CD3 '' down
CD4 '' left
close Drive SELECT + L2 + R2 + []
- copy the DISCS.TXT file in both save folder for Metal Gear.

You also need it for the game 'D' it has 3 Discs.

Last edited by peter8,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@ The_Dizzy_Vizzy : yeah exactly, fear effect has 4 discs and just swap it with emulator that can do it. Resident Evil 2 is a original Sony Eboot from Store on that way, so its not a self made pirated copy.

MERGING a bin or iso file is a very bad and outdated way, just find a correct emulator to Swap the ISO or BIN Image instead of merging the Image.
because it dont work on all PSX games and very bad the Image is NOT Untouched anymore.

Even when you dislike Retroarch, just use it to create a Fix Save fIle for swapping, because, only Retroarch can do this on the VITA currently.

@ Rictor : hmmm, with PC emulator it should be easy to use the SAVE-File from the End of Disc 1 and copy the Data files to the Folder for Disc 2 and it should work. Otherwise you must mostly on PC Emualtor use the option MOUNT ISO Disc 2....

@ Windows_10_User : hmm, I was misunderstand you, I was think you only ask for PSX multidisc games. For PSP I am unsure for Vita, I dont have any PSP Image that have multidiscs so I dont know. Retroarch is only usefull for PSX Swap and not for PSP. For PSP only you need Adrenalin on Vita.
You have right, there are only ISO images for PSP games, no BIN Image. Bin or img is for PSX. When you see a PSP game dumped in BIN than you know you have a bad dump.
Otherwise the same, try to use the Save file from End of Disc 1 and copy the data files to the Disc 2 folder. But the game need for that exactly a save point on the end, so Disc 2 can read it.
Do not combining BIN files, the Image is not untouched anymore, use a way to Swap the Disc with a usefull emulator.

YES, PS2 can also swap any Image, I am do it with FreeMCBoot and VCD POPS over HDD. For PS3 you have Pirated PSN Copys and you can use copy save date files over multiman.

The thread's title is precisely about asking how to play multi-disc PSP games on the PSP and PS Vita. How to swap PSP discs on Adrenaline and ARK-4? I no longer use the former.

I only mentioned BIN files because @The_Dizzy_Vizzy showed me a video regarding them.

When you say to try to use the save file from end of Disc 1 and copy the data files to the Disc 2 folder, are you talking about PS1 games? And in which console? I don't play PS1 games on the PC.

I was told in Reddit that when playing multi-disc PS1 games on the PS3, whenever I need to swap discs, I have to use my phone or PC to connect to the PS3 via webMAN MOD (which I didn't even install nor want to) and mount the other disc from there.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
truly your english is not the best, when you ask, make it more specific please otherwise dizzy and me running stupid for answers . and mostly for what games do you need it...

''When you say to try to use the save file from end of Disc 1 and copy the data files to the Disc 2 folder''

This will work for everything, emulator, PSP PS2 PS3 or what ever, you have a Explorer where you can copy or delete files, like multiman.
This will answer mostly everything ;)

''swap discs, I have to use my phone or PC to connect to the PS3 via webMAN MOD''

my gosh, Yeah this is fucking reddit, dont read this stupid shit.
Go into explorer and search for your PSX save folders and copy the data files to the Disc 2 save data folder. but remeber this will not work for metal gear, but will work for resident evil 2 or chase the express.

maybe you have luck and there is a Fixed PSP Eboot for you. give names...

are there any multi-disc PS2 games ?? never heard of it

Last edited by peter8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you