Hacking How to play GC backups?

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched google and this website but get various older tutorials on google and not anything in particular from this site.

If some one could point me in the right direction. If it's possible to load them from usb it would be preferred.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No USB is possible.
Only from disc, using cMIOS and a GC backup loader.
Google both, you'll find em.
And you WILL need a GC controller to play the games, optional, a GC mem card for saves.......

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shouldn't this be in the backup loaders section?

Anyway, according to filetrip 3.5.4F+ is the latest version of the Multi iso creator (Link) and I've managed to get five games onto one DVD (with the shrink option)

Also, how do you load games over sdgecko, isn't that what SD-Boot is supposed to do once it's relesed? (sorry if I sound like a n00b, but I don't have one, so I'm not sure what they can do)

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got 5 games on a 4 gig DVD-R? Did you have to rip anything or does it affect playback or something? They run just fine?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sKeEt said:
You got 5 games on a 4 gig DVD-R? Did you have to rip anything or does it affect playback or something? They run just fine?
they run fine for me. The games were Mariokart DD, super smash bros melee, Mario party 5 and 7, and super Mario sunshine. I had to shrink all of them and then they just fit (4.69 out of 4.7GB)

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
Shouldn't this be in the backup loaders section?

Anyway, according to filetrip 3.5.4F+ is the latest version of the Multi iso creator (Link) and I've managed to get five games onto one DVD (with the shrink option)

Also, how do you load games over sdgecko, isn't that what SD-Boot is supposed to do once it's relesed? (sorry if I sound like a n00b, but I don't have one, so I'm not sure what they can do)

there are early beta versions that you can find of sd boot and sd boot v1 will be out soon

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can multigame iso creator also be used for wii games? if not, what is there to use to burn multiple shrunken iso images of wii games onto a dvd-r?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
can multigame iso creator also be used for wii games? if not, what is there to use to burn multiple shrunken iso images of wii games onto a dvd-r?

Don't even go there............
You can't do that with Wii games on a disc, period.....But good question, though...

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I looked up info on the multigame iso creator and there are a lot of people claiming that the program creates the ISO's as PAL and that they don't work on NTSC. I have NTSC Wii. Also says something about burning to DVD5 and DVD9 which I don't know what that is.

And how would you load each game from a single disc?

Sorry for the questions but I only have 2 DVD-R's left and I don't want to waste them.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sKeEt said:
So I looked up info on the multigame iso creator and there are a lot of people claiming that the program creates the ISO's as PAL and that they don't work on NTSC. I have NTSC Wii. Also says something about burning to DVD5 and DVD9 which I don't know what that is.

And how would you load each game from a single disc?

Sorry for the questions but I only have 2 DVD-R's left and I don't want to waste them.

1- Wrong! If a game is PAL, its PAL, if its NTSC, its NTSC, its not MAGICALLY gonna change it all to PAL! and even so, you CAN play PAL OR NTSC Gamecube games from the menu screen.
2 - You load each game from a menu screen, which SHOWS you all the games on the disc, by toggling with the buttons!
3 - DVD5 is a single layer disc, 4.7 GB. DVD9 is a dual-layer disc, which holds 8.3 GB.
4 - make sure your using DVD-R's +R's wont play.
5 - get a pack of 50 for $8.00 at micro-center!!
6 - My Wii is NTSC also, it'll play PAL or NTSC, no problem.........

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi um i have a question:P lol i been hearing alot about the sd gecko and im wondering how do you sd boot from it? i have a soft mod wii with bootmii(boot2) ciso 19 (base 38) hermis loader v4 etc
so how do you boot (sd boot) from the game cube memory card? i guessing you have to use that action replay method but it doesn't boot on 4.1 wii lol um any reply would help:)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supermariovb64 said:
hi um i have a question:P lol i been hearing alot about the sd gecko and im wondering how do you sd boot from it? i have a soft mod wii with bootmii(boot2) ciso 19 (base 38) hermis loader v4 etc
so how do you boot (sd boot) from the game cube memory card? i guessing you have to use that action replay method but it doesn't boot on 4.1 wii lol um any reply would help:)
First off you need to install the patched MIOS that comes with the Gamecube Homebrew Laucher or WiiGator's cMIOS. Next you need to use the GC Homebrew Launcher to load SD-Boot. And you're going to need an SD Gecko.

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oooh kk:D yup i have miso installed;) and kk ill download GC home brew launcher now;) thank you so much for the reply:D i always wanted to try sd boot;)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supermariovb64 said:
oooh kk:D yup i have miso installed;) and kk ill download GC home brew launcher now;) thank you so much for the reply:D i always wanted to try sd boot;)
1. It's not MISO and cISO, it's MIOS and cIOS.
2. Read the last part of my post; you also need a SD Gecko

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tattar8 said:
supermariovb64 said:
First off you need to install the patched MIOS that comes with the Gamecube Homebrew Laucher or WiiGator's cMIOS. Next you need to use the GC Homebrew Launcher to load SD-Boot. And you're going to need an SD Gecko.

tattar8 said:
QUOTE(supermariovb64 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:16 PM)
kk i installed wiigators cmios and yup i need to go buy one from amazon soon:P

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supermariovb64 said:
tattar8 said:
supermariovb64 said:

tattar8 said:
QUOTE(supermariovb64 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:16 PM)
kk i installed wiigators cmios and yup i need to go buy one from amazon soon:P
Buy it from Dealextreme; it costs $3. Also, I don't think it's worth it until SD-Boot 1.0 comes out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1