Hacking How to play games from another region on a Gateway?

BTAxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello gbatemp,

So I got a Gateway card for my O3DS, and I have it set up as per the various tutorials found on the Internet. The 3DS is on firmware 4.2.0-9U and I can play US games just fine, but if I try to play a game for another region (such as Fire Emblem if Birthright), I am presented with the 3DS logo that just doesn't go away, and I'm forced to power cycle the 3DS.

I've looked around for instructions on how to play games from other regions on a GW, but there seems to be very little information about this. the GW feature list mentions "region free", but I have no idea how to use it. Do I have to use EmuNAND for this? I haven't looked into that yet since it seems involved and scary.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to format emunand and then update it. You'll be able to play the games.

And there's no info about it because Gateway is region free. Any region is played just fine. Your problem is not having the firmware updated high enough to actually run the games you want to play. And that's where emunand gets in since you'll be able to update it to the latest firmware (on a O3DS).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you follow the tutorials properly, you can do it easily and without any issue. There's nothing scary about it.

And always ask if you have doubts ;)

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk