How to play games from another region on a Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BTAxis, Sep 4, 2015.

1. BTAxis
    OP

BTAxis Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    Hello gbatemp,

So I got a Gateway card for my O3DS, and I have it set up as per the various tutorials found on the Internet. The 3DS is on firmware 4.2.0-9U and I can play US games just fine, but if I try to play a game for another region (such as Fire Emblem if Birthright), I am presented with the 3DS logo that just doesn't go away, and I'm forced to power cycle the 3DS.

I've looked around for instructions on how to play games from other regions on a GW, but there seems to be very little information about this. the GW feature list mentions "region free", but I have no idea how to use it. Do I have to use EmuNAND for this? I haven't looked into that yet since it seems involved and scary.

2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    You need to format emunand and then update it. You'll be able to play the games.

And there's no info about it because Gateway is region free. Any region is played just fine. Your problem is not having the firmware updated high enough to actually run the games you want to play. And that's where emunand gets in since you'll be able to update it to the latest firmware (on a O3DS).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if you follow the tutorials properly, you can do it easily and without any issue. There's nothing scary about it.

And always ask if you have doubts ;)

sup3rgh0st likes this.
  3. BTAxis
    OP

BTAxis Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2015
    Ahh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the info!

sup3rgh0st likes this.