Emulation how to play backup eshop games on cemu

dschleif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the .tik,.cert, and .tmd, along with .app and .h3 files.

How can I play this on Cemu, i'm assuming I'll need to convert it?

Thanks!

rumoredpatchwork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a program called "uTik Download Helper", a simple Google search will get you the download.

Install the program, and when it loads up, click "Open/Select Ticket" at the top right corner of the window. Select the .tik file.

A .tik file basically points to the TitleIT and Key of the game, almost like a torrent file for Wii U.

Good Luck setting Cemu up ;)

dschleif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll need a program called "uTik Download Helper", a simple Google search will get you the download.

Install the program, and when it loads up, click "Open/Select Ticket" at the top right corner of the window. Select the .tik file.

A .tik file basically points to the TitleIT and Key of the game, almost like a torrent file for Wii U.

Good Luck setting Cemu up ;)

Thanks for the reply. I got uTik Download helper and it downloaded the files I already have. Cemu doesn't load any of those file. Any idea?

rumoredpatchwork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used CEMU, you'd open a game, and navigate to the game's folder. In this folder search for a .rpx file, most likely in the code folder.

To clarify, your downloaded game has the folder structure shown in the GIF below?

https://i.imgur.com/Kcz8d8j.gifv

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that doesn't work also try downloading Wii U USB Helper from here. (The project got closed by it's original developer but Reddit has got it working)

Then, use this handy-dandy article for info on setting it up.

Good luck ;)

Hotsuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything mentioned in this post. Got Cemu, set it up to work with USB Helper, etc. I am still unable to play ESHOP games in Cemu. I tried moving the games to the game folder and other folders. Nothing works. They won't show up in the list of games in Cemu plus these ESHOP games don't have .rpx files in them.

-----

I figured it out but these ESHOP games has some serious video issues. The screen jumps, flickers, and tears. Definitely not worth it until they fix it.

Last edited by Hotsuma,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer