D

Deleted User

what this makes no sense? if you've dirtied your Sysnand by using the homebrew saving apps your in risk of a ban
Wrong. I use EdiZon, Checkpoint, a homebrew app to dump NSP games, and choidujournx. No ban has been given and this is all in 1 system I use mainly to play online

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doesn't make sense since you are in theory, messing with your Sysnand

however... I'm unsure how Atmos installs... if its not an "NSP" that stays on the main menu I think indeed you are safe from detection

D

Deleted User

doesn't make sense since you are in theory, messing with your Sysnand

however... I'm unsure how Atmos installs... if its not an "NSP" that stays on the main menu I think indeed you are safe from detection
I'll say this once, I've been using homebrew (checkpoint and EdiZon only) since the very beginning when SXOS was released. I have not recieved a ban and I've been very careful how I manage my Switch. Ever since the release of Emunand, I've been less worried since all I gotta do is load homebrew to just dump/restore save files in Sysnand and I knew I was gonna be safe. All my pirated copies on the emunand and my legit purchases on Sysnand. I'm that guy who dumped over 2500+ levels from Super mario maker 2 for 11 weeks straight and didnt recieve any ban. I know I'll get banned one day. But it wont be within this month or next month. Only time can tell. One slip up and my Switch is over

The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx for the nice tutorial. I will look into it when I need it. But please guys don't cheat! That fuck up the games for many of us. Only use it because you want to skip time or want to play online with legal version after you first tried it illegaly.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@CrisFTW There are some cases of ban caused by restore savegames from CFW, the most recent: https://gbatemp.net/threads/interesting-switch-ban.552980/

Anyways, we don't have the full details of what he do exactly, but he said that the cause are only these.
Do we know that he didn't use any homebrew online? There are a lot of people who have vanilla/clean Sysnand, and use all homebrew on Emunand and they haven't been banned. And I really doubt there's any sort of method to ban for modded saves built into the games. I haven't heard of a confirmed case of anything like that. It's always "this ban came out nowhere", which I highly doubt, and it always leads to pointless speculation.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: BrandonSWITCH
D

Deleted User

Do we know that he didn't use any homebrew online? There are a lot of people who have vanilla/clean Sysnand, and use all homebrew on Emunand and they haven't been banned. And I really doubt there's any sort of method to ban for modded saves built into the games. I haven't heard of a confirmed case of anything like that. It's always "this ban came out nowhere", which I highly doubt, and it always leads to pointless speculation.
What do you by use any homebrew online? Like being on SysNAND+CFW with Internet Connection? If so, I leave my WiFi connection on the whole time as I only use EdiZon to dump or restore save on SysNAND. Been over a year since I've done this, no ban

D

Deleted User

Console ban
And I never installed anything nor play any backup on sysnand.
I used checkpoint to unlock spirits in smash and the day after I was banned
Strange. I got In-game only ban from Splatoon 2 for cheating and I'm still able to play online on other games

istovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CrisFTW

Did your method and it worked. Went offline, switched to CFW, injected old BOTW save, switched to OFW, went online, booted it up and it worked. I also went to eshop to check and no ban. At least for now.

What do you do with Nintendo Online save cloud automatic backup? Leave it enabled as is? Any further risk with backing it up officially on the cloud? Thanks.

reannu123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,
To know the final, is it safe to use checkpoint to take a save only on sysnand or not ? :)
Thanks
What do you mean to take a save on sysnand? As in getting a save from sysnand? or Taking a save into sysnand?

Answer to either question is we don't know for sure. Some people claim that they haven't been banned for using homebrew yet some said they do. It's pretty conflicting and confusing that's why we can't pinpoint on what the real reason for banning is.

Here are my suggestions:
1. If you want to take saves from sysnand to emunand
Method A:
-Create a NAND backup
-Boot CFW on Sysnand
-Use checkpoint to backup a save
-Boot CFW on Emunand
-Use checkpoint to restore a save
-restore NAND backup to remove traces
Method B:
-Backup all your saves from emunand using checkpoint
-Create a new emunand using your sysnand
-Restore all your saves (except for the save you wanted to transfer) on your new emunand
Method C:
-Use checkpoint on sysnand to backup save
-Use checkpoint on emunand to restore save
(Note: Risky, as the general consensus say that this will lead to a ban)
2. If you want to take saves from emunand to sysnand
Method A:
-Watch the video from the OP
(Note: That OP said that this does not guarantee being ban-proof)
Method B:
-Backup save from emunand using checkpoint
-Restore save to sysnand using checkpoint
(Note: Risky, as the general consensus say that this will lead to a ban)​

Last edited by reannu123,
Reactions: veenx0704

reannu123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi
Sorry for my question non really explain, this is what i want to know

Method C:
-Use checkpoint on sysnand to backup save
this is risky to do and take a ban, is it what you say ?

thanks

Yes. Although some people claim that they do not get banned for using this, it is still not 'ban proof'. We don't know why or why don't people get banned. and it is as risky as using other homebrew.
You may try it at your own risk. If you do not get banned, then that's great. But if you do, then we'd all know at least that checkpoint won't be safe to use on sysnand for everybody.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think