Hacking How to mark a partition as USB1?

fishvtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, as the title says, my question is how do I mark a partition as USB1. I have finally almost gotten Dios-Mios working, but only thing left is that my partition is not marked as USB1. I have my hard drive split into two parts, FAT32 (for wii stuff), and NTFS (for everything else), and my FAT32 partition used to be USB1, but in the process of wiping it to change the cluster size to 32, it has been turned to USB2.

I know I can fully format the hard drive and partition everything from the beginning again, but I would rather try any alternatives first, as my NTFS portion is fairly large, and it will take forever for me to back it up.

Thanks in advance.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same problem also when i was formatting/partitioning/organizing my HD setting it up with WiiFlow.....

EaseUS Partition Master would be ur best option i suggest...u just make ur USB1 the Primary Partition :)

fishvtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I tried that first, but I used minitool, My games partition is marked as primary AND active, yet it does not recognize it as usb1.

edit: as additional info, I am using USB loader GX and I get the error "To run GameCube games with DIOS MIOS you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first partition of the hard drive."

I have set my other partition as logical as well as inactive.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, are you saying that NTFS is at the beginning and FAT32 is at the end when we look at partition order?

In that case you either,

* Delete both partitions, then create FAT32 at the beginning and NTFS behind FAT32.
* Delete FAT32 partition, then use GParted to move NTFS partition toward the end. Create FAT32 thereafter.

Both methods will take long time. First method being you copying files back and forth, second method being time it takes to move NTFS partition.

Reactions: fishvtt

fishvtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Dang, so there isn't any easy way out of this. Well I'll try with GParted as my NTFS partition contains a lot of data.

Thanks a lot for your help.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for me it sounds like the physical order (in which the partitions are stored on disk)
is different from the logical order (in which they are listed in the partition table)

this is fixed easily enogth
problem is I don't know windows
but I can tell you how to confirm/fix it in linux (with gnu fdisk)
alteratively I wrote a small (crossplatform) tool to deal with this some time back (but it wasn't well recieved)

Reactions: fishvtt

fishvtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah I think that's exactly it. I'm running windows, so I can't use fdisk, so I would love if I could try out the crossplatform tool you made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...