Hacking How To make USB Game Channels

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I'm unpacking the wad I already have, putting the 0000000.app of Madworld banner in there, then editing 0000001.app to change the titleid.

I think I'll wait till a tutorial comes out. This is hurting my head =)

Ah, I've figured it out now. Hurray. Now I need banners.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MizuhoChan said:
I'm unpacking the wad I already have, putting the 0000000.app of Madworld banner in there, then editing 0000001.app to change the titleid.

Try this:

Unpack the wad.
Use Wii Scrubber to open the game ISO and save/extract "opening.bnr" in the DATA partition and save it as 00000000.app and replace this file that is in the folder where you wad is unpacked.
Get my dol files from here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145543
There is one for ntsc and one for pal, pick whatever video output you want.
Use the Hex Editor to open the dol file you chose and replace RMCP01 with the game ID and save it as 00000001.app and replace this file that is in the folder where you wad is unpacked.
Use Packer.bat to pack the wad again with these 2 new files.
Once that's done, move the wad file to the same directory that you have the NEW VC INJECTOR tool in.
Open up a command line and navigate to that directory.
Run the VC.exe program on your wad file.
It will ask for your region 0-3, 1 for USA, 2 for Europe.
Then it will ask for an ID for the channel. I decided to use the same ID as the game, but with U for USB instead of R at the start, and no numbers because this ID is only meant to be 4 letters long.
Now you should find a title.wad file in that directory.
This is the file that you use to install the channel.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MizuhoChan said:

Try this:

Unpack the wad.
Use Wii Scrubber to open the game ISO and save/extract "opening.bnr" in the DATA partition and save it as 00000000.app and replace this file that is in the folder where you wad is unpacked.
Get my dol files from here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145543
There is one for ntsc and one for pal, pick whatever video output you want.
Use the Hex Editor to open the dol file you chose and replace RMCP01 with the game ID and save it as 00000001.app and replace this file that is in the folder where you wad is unpacked.
Use Packer.bat to pack the wad again with these 2 new files.
Once that's done, move the wad file to the same directory that you have the NEW VC INJECTOR tool in.
Open up a command line and navigate to that directory.
Run the VC.exe program on your wad file.
It will ask for your region 0-3, 1 for USA, 2 for Europe.
Then it will ask for an ID for the channel. I decided to use the same ID as the game, but with U for USB instead of R at the start, and no numbers because this ID is only meant to be 4 letters long.
Now you should find a title.wad file in that directory.
This is the file that you use to install the channel.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
mat03111984 said:
hmm for some reason when i get to the stage of wadunpacker. i unpack a wad. rename the files etc. then when i click wadpacker itsays its done but theres not out.wad just my in.wad in the folder. ne ideas?

also, do you think once these are complete, if your on 4.0 menu you can copy over the wads to sd menu and load from there. that would be awesome?

It works fine for me...but then I have a version of IOS61 with the trucha bug patched back in.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sess said:
Created a Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom channel and worked just fine, even with GC Mem. Card & Controller plugged in, and a Nunchuk attached to the Wii Remote.

Mind uploading this?

And, while everyone else is at it, each of the channels they create
smile.gif

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sess said:
l Red l said:
Can I use FTPii to extract the opening.bnr? because extracting each one of my wiiscrubbed games is gonna take a long time to get one file. It would be easier if I could pop the disc in and get the file.

Yeah, actually, you can.

It's on /fst/1/ directory.

I dont have opening.bnr in that directory for me. I am using WiiFit PAL and I only have 'HEALTHNANDPACKEP.wad' and 'WIIBITMAPFONTS.ARC'

any suggestions?

gunslinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, finally I can use this "Channel Loading" alternative parallel to the USB ISO Loader w/o problems/issues? I have cIOS36-rev09; I thought THAT is IOS202... Can I install now the cios_usb2_usbloader.tar.bz2, too? Does it affect my USB Loader Channel/programm in any way? No selfamde YAL-Binary Channels worked for me -.- (Okami PAL, Mario Kart Wii PAL, Tales of Symphonia). I think Tales of Symphonia is an Import Game for me: I have a PAL Wii, but the game ist NTSC.... Any ideas, how to play RegionFree with USB Loader? I tried already different Preloader settings, but nothing helped...
biggrin.gif

Please answer! Thanks in advance!
-g.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question.

I tried using some base wads (the wads for USB Loader Channel I got in this forum) and none of them work. (i get into black screen after start the game)

Then I finally found a base wad that would make it working.

Does it matter which base wad I use?

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
Look at my posts in the yal binaries thread:....

You can NOT simply rename opening.bnr to 0.app and expect it to display correctly... they use different headers!

Getting ??? for the title is the EXACT klind of symptom I would expect because the game title is stored within the header and the channel imet header has different offsets than the dvd one. It could also cause blank channels... ect...

Extract opening.bnr with u8tool and them repack only tick the regular imet header instead of the dvd version. Now you are ready to go.

If you get a runtime eror 5 then your opening.bnr is corrupted! We ran into this issue.... wbfswin can't reliably extract your game iso... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... the delta version can't do it at all. So you might have to try extraction multiple times or better yet rip your disc with some other program.
I am trying to use u8tool 10.1 and unfortunetly, command line support for the "-source" tag doesn't work....could ya fix it? I have a batchfile that works wonders, except that it can't pull the titles from the opening.bnr's when repacking them into 0.app

mmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be great if someone who knows what they're doing could release a pack of working ones, where we could just go through and install the ones we want. please? : D

Or at least do Rune Factory for me, as that's the only game I'm playing right now. lol

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, I have been able to get my Opening.bnr though ftpii eventually. My question now is, how do i get the GameID for each channel.

Is it possible to make these channels without actually having the ISO on your computer??

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Howard:

I used your tool to unpack and pack the opening.bnr to fix the header...

Like this

u8tool -file opening.bnr -folder BANNER\ -extract -DVD

u8tool -file opening.bin -folder BANNER\ -pack -IMET -Title "PES 2009"

Channel displays as full black once installed. Opening.bnr was 307,288 bytes, after packing Opening.bin became 307,200 bytes..

any idea why?

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ergo said:
sess said:
Created a Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom channel and worked just fine, even with GC Mem. Card & Controller plugged in, and a Nunchuk attached to the Wii Remote.

Mind uploading this?

And, while everyone else is at it, each of the channels they create
smile.gif

Yeah, sure.

http://images.aerogaming.net/files/627/utat.rar

That's a NTSC-U channel, by the way. The ID I used for it is UTAT.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stayed up till 4 am trying this over and over...attempting it with several different .dol's available through gbatemp....several different random base wad's....same result everytime....title.wad that's about 4kb in size and gives me -1 error in wadmanager 1.31.....i don't think vc.exe is spitting out the correct result....i'd like to go through my step by step but it's ididentical to the tutorial....please anyonone....please....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one