Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
@Howard:

I used your tool to unpack and pack the opening.bnr to fix the header...

Like this

u8tool -file opening.bnr -folder BANNER\ -extract -DVD

u8tool -file opening.bin -folder BANNER\ -pack -IMET -Title "PES 2009"

Channel displays as full black once installed. Opening.bnr was 307,288 bytes, after packing Opening.bin became 307,200 bytes..

any idea why?

Thats exactly the way I did it, except I am batching it and don't have the -title param.
It worked fine for me
tongue.gif

wi_takeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i tryed it with DB3, the Banner is fine but i start the Channel, the Screen turn black and nothing happend. Whats wrong?

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
Nice tut, really.
But i'm still wondering about all this usb channel's craze... Doesn't it eats up nand blocks for nothing?
The channels I have use 4-7 blocks each.
I have 650 blocks free, so I think I'll survive.
Especially considering that there's only 4 pages of system menu, with 12 slots each.
That's only a maximum of 48 channels, so even if they were 10 blocks each that would be 480 blocks.

Anyway, this thread is ancient history now. People shouldn't have to craft USB game channels by hand anymore.
HowardC has made an excelent app to do it automatically: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146177

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
Don Killah said:
Nice tut, really.
But i'm still wondering about all this usb channel's craze... Doesn't it eats up nand blocks for nothing?
Especially considering that there's only 4 pages of system menu, with 12 slots each.
That's only a maximum of 48 channels, so even if they were 10 blocks each that would be 480 blocks.

Anyway, this thread is ancient history now. People shouldn't have to craft USB game channels by hand anymore.
HowardC has made an excelent app to do it automatically: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146177

Unfortunately not everyone can use that yet...I myself still have incompatibility problems.

Either way, you didn't mention the SD menu. In testing the channel wads I've shared I had over 8 pages of loader channels on it. Even with a 2gb sd card, emulators and roms up the wazoo, I still have a ton of free space to play with.

spiritofcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
troa11 said:
spiritofcat said:
Don Killah said:
Nice tut, really.

Unfortunately not everyone can use that yet...I myself still have incompatibility problems.

Either way, you didn't mention the SD menu. In testing the channel wads I've shared I had over 8 pages of loader channels on it. Even with a 2gb sd card, emulators and roms up the wazoo, I still have a ton of free space to play with.
Does BNRBandit also not work for you? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146057&st=0

I didn't mention the SD menu because I'm on 3.2
But then again, if you have an SD menu, you also have compatibility with 32GB SD cards, and that's a LOT of space to play with, so once again there's no problem.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BNRBandit probably works...but since I do a bunch at once it's actually been faster to do it my old fashioned way. At any rate you're right, the guide is out of date, but you only mentioned HowardC's tool before so that's why I pointed out what I did. I'm sure BNRBandit is a good app for that. I just like to be able to control which loader dol I use and exactly what my channel ID is going to be, and no one's been able to answer me if these automated apps support control over either of those.

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Great Tutorial, works like a charm.

I've got one question,

Is it possible to Hard code A Force NTSC Mode into these channels, I'm trying to create a NSTC Channel to play the PAL version of Family SKi.

Is this something that can be done through VC or is it more complicated then that?

I've looked around for some information on how to Force Mode but can only find how to do it in launchers not how to actually code it into a channel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@jebrown19
If you can test I may compile one of the video mode forcing stuff to be usable with Crap...
Could you test one of the open source ones and tell me which one works for the specific case you mentinoned...

ps: by the way, did you tested YAL with region override?

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks WiiCrazy,

I was able to successfully create channels for all my other games (deadly creatures NTSC, NPPL Paintball NTSC to name a few) with the Yal.dol provided in this tutorial and I can use the NTSC channels that are being posted on a few of the threads here.

The issue I'm having is with Family Ski PAL and Mario Tennis PAL, which will load through a USB loader if it is in FORCE NTSC mode, I just can't seem to replicate those results through a channel.

I tried using VC to change the region codes in YAL if that's what you mean, but with no success.

Thanks

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ok, currently working on one of the mods that has ocarina, force modes and language selection... I'm currently working on them to make them all configurable from my Crap application... hang on if you want to test them on channels...

ps: I want to incorporate parental controls into the wad I create with the Crap tool... any info in this regard appreciated... I don't think anyone tested this on wads though...hmm or were they checked in the games? I should possibly try this on house of the dead overkill..

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

sorry about the delay in response, damn work gets in the way of everything these days. Let me know when you're complete your mod. I'll give it a whirl and see how it works.

As for the parental controls, what are you looking for?? I'm the only one who uses my wii (besides my Girlfriend to watch movies or play boom blox every once and a while) so I haven't dabbled with them too much but I'll test out anything you need testing.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I finished modding Sorg's usb loader mod.. you can test it...
here :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147019

As for parental controls that was a question for the public, it seems I failed to express that so
smile.gif

Channels has specific attributes in their tmd file regarding parental controls... dunno how they work tough... I should wiibrew them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4