Hacking How to make forwarders?

Daniel72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I want to make my own wads for my emulators on my wii. Mostly they have their own wads, but I want to design it my way. Is there a program or method I can use to make forwarders?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure this is what he asked. or maybe I'm wrong, as he didn't really explain what he wants.

he/you want to make a forwarder, or a channel forwarder?
the forwarder is a dol, which you can launch from hbc to test. the channel is only the external cover for you to launch your forwarder (the homebrew) from system menu.

if you want to unpack/repack a wad, then customizeMii is the right tool :)
if you want to edit/create an animated banner, customizeMii is not allowing that, you need to learn how banners are working.
if you want your forwarder to forward to a specific path (sd and/or usb), then customizeMii is not the tool either, it only pack files together, it doesn't compile source code. for that, you need to learn how to code and compile sources with devkitpro to generate a dol file that you can pack into a wad.

I replied to a similar thread few days ago, was it for you too? I added links to all needed tools and guides.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you want your forwarder to forward to a specific path (sd and/or usb), then customizeMii is not the tool either, it only pack files together, it doesn't compile source code. for that, you need to learn how to code and compile sources with devkitpro to generate a dol file that you can pack into a wad.
No need for devkit and all that effort learning to code, ModMii can do it for you. In fact, the way modmii does it, it actually takes a template dol (specially crafted with plenty of nul space so it can accommodate even the longest of paths) and hex edits it with your customized path so no need trying to set up a proper devkit environment and learn how to code. Modmii can customize dols to launch paths, channel IDs, or URLs. Then it's easy one step to inject into a wad using customize mii. All this under modmii classics advanced downloads section

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought it would be possible that way. CustomizeMii doesn't do it too?
at least, if modmii does it's great :)

sorry, I didn't check all modmii options. I'll suggest it next time.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Nah customize mii is for basic tweaks like pics, audio, title ID, channel name, and inserting a new dol (or extracting one from a donor wad).

And No apology required, I love that I can still show veterans like yourself some sweet 'hidden' features ModMii is capable of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!