marisko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Am0s said:
hi guys,

can anyone reccomend a 3.5" enclosure off ebay, I read this thread and http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...lity_List#400GB but they are all branded eclosures the ones off ebay are unbranded but there are so many and dont know which work with the wii and which dont
I don't know if linking to ebay is against the rules, but I've sent you a pm.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx for the info
smile.gif

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well so far as what I have read any hdd can be used its all about the enclosure so work some dont, also western digital drives spin down after a short time which cant be changed apparently and some you have to turn the wii on and then the hdd etc, I heard seagate is good, I have about 4 hdd to try going from 80gb - 250gb

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
actually and to be specific I tested 51 different HDD between mine and friends that I got them set up with all Games running from HDD to there Wii Console , 2 out of these drives didn't work ( no clue why )
the rest run between Seagate , Maxtor , WD , Fantom , acomdata , mostly 320GB and up , Many Seagate 1TB and as I said that is what worked for me , and wanted to share it with all of you , didn't work for you after following the correct steps on one HDD ( well things happens ) but try another one and it should , thanks
smile.gif
peace
51, yea rght, this shizzle doesn't work on 96% of hdd for sure.

Pip'

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Pippin666 said:
BIG MOE said:
actually and to be specific I tested 51 different HDD between mine and friends that I got them set up with all Games running from HDD to there Wii Console , 2 out of these drives didn't work ( no clue why )
the rest run between Seagate , Maxtor , WD , Fantom , acomdata , mostly 320GB and up , Many Seagate 1TB and as I said that is what worked for me , and wanted to share it with all of you , didn't work for you after following the correct steps on one HDD ( well things happens ) but try another one and it should , thanks
smile.gif
peace
51, yea rght, this shizzle doesn't work on 96% of hdd for sure.

Pip'
I don't know what kind of RAP are you trying to sing my NIZZLE
wink.gif
, but I'm wondering if it's ( %96 Afghan made HDD ) that didn't work for you
wink.gif
on the other hand all HDD with only USB2.0 enclosure will work a charm ( meaning it have only USB2.0 connector and nothing else ) . and if your trials where unsuccessful don't blame it on others that tried to help you . and if you are not satisfied ( WELL TOO BAD ) cause your guaranty certificate has been expired
wink.gif
peace

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
BIG MOE. I just read your tut.
I must say that you really dun know nothing about Windows and Wii USB Loader.
I recommend all to not read this tut and ignore all post by BIG MOE as you will get more trouble that solution.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Pip_X said:
BIG MOE. I just read your tut.
I must say that you really dun know nothing about Windows and Wii USB Loader.
I recommend all to not read this tut and ignore all post by BIG MOE as you will get more trouble that solution.
oh sorry kid to disturb your feelings with my post
wink.gif
, so you think I ( DUN Know ) nothing about Windows and USB Loader ??? and recommending not to read my posts cause it will cause more ( TROUBLE THAT SOLUTION ) ??? well done mr. expert
wink.gif
, though I should mention to you that there is a spell check option provided by this forums
wink.gif
since you missed it even with your 107 post count and your evaluation talent of others , so try to use it please
wink.gif
, and now to the good part cause if I except the evaluation of my work by every kid in the block ( even after 100s of 1000s of views to my posts and tutorials and more than 55000 downloads of my Installer from my private uploaded places along with unknown amount of downloads from torrents and news groups communities , and more than 326 Wii Console I've modded so far ) I should walk away from the console modding scene for ever ( hahahahaha ) , but I don't kid cause there is 1000s of thanks and appreciations PMs and E-mails I've received that it gives me the pleasure to do what I'm doing and help all needed people to achieve there console modding success , as far as your comment goes kid just be happy that you wrote it and go take a shower and brush your teeth cause it's way pass your bed time already , good night kid and sweet dreams
wink.gif

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
white wolf said:
may be a dumb question but does this work with flash drives?
just tested it on a 256 flashdrive, it formatted to WBFS fine but when I tried to put WiiSports Resort on it it went through to a certain percentage and then it said the disc was full...at least I did this in advance since I'm getting a 20GB harddrive tomorrow hopefully.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiiluver135 said:
white wolf said:
may be a dumb question but does this work with flash drives?
just tested it on a 256 flashdrive, it formatted to WBFS fine but when I tried to put WiiSports Resort on it it went through to a certain percentage and then it said the disc was full...at least I did this in advance since I'm getting a 20GB harddrive tomorrow hopefully.
that's correct it should work on thumb drive but to load a game on it it should be smaller than the drive
wink.gif

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so i'm trying to set up this usb loader.
and i've tried 2 different externals
i formatted them both to fat32 thru windows then formatted them with wfbs
tried putting the isos on with wfbs and wfbs manager 3.0
isos show up fine
try loading them on the wii with configurable sd/usb loader
but it keeps timing out and i get a error ( ret = -6 )

does anyone know what ( ret = -6 ) means?
i can't help but feel like i'm doing something wrong..
thx in advance

tojjm

Trophies
XP
Country
hi went through the formatting of my drive to FAT32, got right to the end then it came up " the volume is to big for FAT32", can anyone help??

jota ka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I successfully moded my Wii, nad installed USB loader GX; working fine with an old Buffalo 40GB HDD. I decided to have more room for other games, and decided to use anotehr Buffalo, this time a 120GB one. However, this one does not work...!
I tried all the ways explained in this forum, but nothing worked.
Wii console connects to the 120GB HDD, but when I start USB Loader GX, screen becomes all dark, and console freezes for 2 or 3 mins, after this time it returns to system menus.
It always happens with FAT32, NTFS, or WBFD formatting.

I use to use the WBFS Manager to upload games to HDD, and also tried to have it formatted by this software, but the result was the same.

Could anyone help please?
Or is this another non-compatible HDD? It's a Buffalo Bumper Body HD-PSG120U2. When connected, it's listed as Samsung HM121HI USB.

I am afraid to invest in a new HDD, but also incompatible.

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Try Configurable USB Loader. I've seen quite a few posts from people over the last few days where they've had drives start working in Configurable when they fail in GX. Also, try using IOS222 to boot the loader.

jota ka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Dr.Clipper, I really appreciated the very quick reply.

Sorry for taking long to post my results, but only today I had the chance and time to do it.

Apparently it worked! At lest it recognized the HDD, and tonight I will clone my 40GB content to the 120GB to make the ultimate test tomorrow.

Do you think if to config.txt of USB Loader GX I put the line
ios=222-mload
it can work as well...?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jota ka said:
Do you think if to config.txt of USB Loader GX I put the line
ios=222-mload
it can work as well...?
I believe GX does have a way to boot from IOS222, but I have no clue what that method is. It most definitely is not the same as for Cfg.

jota ka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...strange thing is that there are times that usb loader doesn't recognizes the 120 GB HDD.
Either re-starting the console, nor unplugging and replugging the drive works.
Most of the times it immediately recognizes it from the very beginning.
And there few times that even not recognizing the HDD, unplug and replug solves the issue.
This never happens with the 40GB drive.

Does anyone have some clue...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1