Hacking How to keep my Wii from updating when you put a disc in that wants to?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try startpatch and block updates with that. BUT ONLY IF YOU COULD INSTALL BOOTMII AS BOOT 2 AND MADE A NAND BACKUP
You don't need priiloader if you have bootmii as boot 2.
Priiloader+bootmii as boot 2 is overkill lol.
And priiloader is useless anyway since it gets deleted when you mess the system menu up and bootmii as boot 2 doesn't.

Goodluck
smile.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
bjorno said:
Try startpatch and block updates with that. BUT ONLY IF YOU COULD INSTALL BOOTMII AS BOOT 2 AND MADE A NAND BACKUP
And priiloader is useless anyway since it gets deleted when you mess the system menu up and bootmii as boot 2 doesn't.

Goodluck
smile.gif
That's not true. Having both is a good defence, and some 'brew apps wont even load without priloader,
Plus start patch is dangerous at the best of times. The amount of times i've seen wii's bricked by startpatch (23) greatly outweighs the mount i've seen wii's bricked by priiloader (3)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ThePowerOutage said:
bjorno said:

Goodluck
smile.gif
That's not true. Having both is a good defence, and some 'brew apps wont even load without priloader,
Plus start patch is dangerous at the best of times. The amount of times i've seen wii's bricked by startpatch (23) greatly outweighs the mount i've seen wii's bricked by priiloader (3)

Agreed, and bootmii CANNOT prevent disc updates. Startpatch is dangerous without Bootmii v2 and a NAND backup.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually.. everything is dangerous
tongue.gif
Just have bootmii as boot 2 with a nand backup and you are secured
biggrin.gif

Or else...
hate2.gif

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bjorno said:
Actually.. everything is dangerous
tongue.gif
Just have bootmii as boot 2 with a nand backup and you are secured
biggrin.gif

Or else...
hate2.gif

No, stupid. Bootmii and Priiloader are 2 different things which accomplish 2 different goals through entirely different means. They just both happen to offer different types of brick protection. One does not render the other redundant. Plus, this doesn't even address the OP's request: Priiloader + hacks will stop the disc updates.

Why does this require 2 pages of discussion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER